1 step forward, 3 steps back

im so sorry for the wait...

-

"hi i'm millie bobby brown" one of your co-stars says as she waves at the filming crew and gigantic cameras right in front of you.

"i'm louis partridge" your other co-star says from beside you before turning to look at you with his deep brown eyes, unusually rimmed with red.

"and i'm y/n y/l/n and we are currently on set of our brand new movie 'Enola Holmes 2'" you say gesturing your hands in some kind of fumbled hello.

"so, come have a look around with us and we will show you what we do on a day to day and where we do it." millie says being her confident usual self.

she does it so easily, something which you've always been in awe of.

the spotlight seems so effortless for her and she glamorous entices everyone into loving her and adoring her.

it confuses you how someone can be that comfortable in themselves and their own skin when people like you are sat back picking their nail beds out of nerves and biting their lips so hard they bleed just hoping someone will catch onto that one thread you allow people to see and latch on to you and end up as captivated as they are with the likes of millie.

everyone in the room brightens up when she walks in and greets everyone as if it's normal to have all those eyes on you.

so naturally, as millie starts to walk and asks the crew to follow her, you try and stick a bit further forwards where the camera can't get too close to you leaving the attention for millie and louis.

"so this is our dressing room" millie says as she walks through the vast grey space with beaming spotlights above at the latest set into a smaller room with salon like chairs.

"it's more communal so this is where all the cast goes to get hair and makeup done but for particularly harsh scenes where the makeup has to be more intense or injuries have to be pained then there is a set of rooms dedicated each of us" louis says, furthering the detail of millie's speech as you admire him from a little further away.

your crush on louis is blatantly obvious.

he knows, millie knows, batman even knows,the directors know, the fans know.

everyone knows.

and you have no intention of doing anything about it, you have no plan to.

but ever since you joined the Enola Holmes cast eight months ago, everything has been for him.

but you didn't know he knows.

you didn't think anyone knew.

which is partly why it's a little bit awkward that you squeeze yourself to louis' side when he wants to be by the side of your best friend.

his pov:

(an hour earlier)

"Mills, you are so beautiful" i say to the girl sat in front of me as i watch her powder herself in preparation for the tour later today.

i watch the girl still before turning around to face me with a tired look on her face.

"louis,we have talked about this multiple times before, i dont like you. in fact, i have a boyfriend so please stop. we cant play around like we used to in the first film. we are officially adults now, this isnt how it works" she says in her angelic voice yet somehow, despite her dark words i cant help but feel drawn to her as if she was a siren and im a boat on the relentless waves in the middle of a storm.