Pup adoption

*flashback two weeks ago*

"Lou, please can we get a dog please please please" You say climbing onto his lap and placing your hands on his shoulders and shaking him.

"Look we just moved in here four months ago" he sighs, this topic has been coming up for weeks now, the truth is, he's slightly frightened of them.

"Exactly! Four months ago, we've settled in and finished unpacking and we both work from home at the moment so pleaseeee" you drag out, pointing your lips and putting your best puppy dog eyes on.

He puts his hand over his eyes and shakes his head.

"Fine! Fine but we are only looking and we are going to an animal shelter not a breeder" he says and you immediately nod with a smile on your face.

"Good because I found a pup on an adoption shelter website but of course we are only looking" You say smirking, knowing you will be coming come with the dog.

* present time *

"I can't believe I'm letting us do this" Louis says as you both get out the car and walk or rather skip up to the entrance.

"I can" you giggle in excitement.

"Hello, welcome to The Dogs Trust, how can I help you" the lady at the desk says to us as we walk through the door.

"Um, I booked a seeing around two weeks ago. My name is y/n  y/l/n" you say to her, smiling politely with Louis standing behind you.

"Ah yes I have it right here. Through the door to the left and if you would like to have a play with one of the dogs just let me know and we'll get you outside."

I smile excitedly at her before grabbing Louis' hand and pulling him through the doors where we are greeted with all of the dogs in decent sized cages with blankets and food.

As far as shelters go, this is really good, it makes you smile.

"Okay so the one I saw should be at the end" you say turning to look at him.

He smiles at you, revelling in the happiness radiating off you. "Okay"

You begin to walk down between the two sides of cages, getting distracted by every second cage.

Soon enough, you reach the end and you see the puppy you saw online.

"Here He is" you say, stopping at his cage and waiting for Louis to catch up to you.

Once he does, he looks slightly hesitant to stroke him.

"Lou just stroke his look how sweet he is" You say, stroking the puppy"

(At the top, as a puppy)

Louis nods apprehensively but does as you say.

His hand reaches out to stoke the dog and he immediately leans into Louis touch and begins wagging his tail.

You leave Louis to it as you go to reception to ask the lady to allow you outside with the puppy.

-

Once outside, you immediately lay down and the puppy comes and jumps on you, licking your face and sniffing you.

"Louis sit down" You say laughing and trying to get the pup to stop licking you.

He goes to the group and the puppy runs straight over into his lap.

After a while, Louis gets used to the puppy and a smile stretches across his perfectly structured face.

He looks up at you with a twinkle in his eye.

-

"I hate you" He says, turning towards you where you are sat with the puppy in your lap and all of the supplies in the back seats of your car.

-
Featuring my baby George.

*not requested.

If you can, please rescue dogs or go to a shelter. 💜

I love you💜

Requests here: