Chapter 13

Emerie's pov:

I woke up in my own room, the light shining brightly through the window, I looked over to see Charlotte and Sebastian in her bed, his arms wrapped securely around her. I smiled, over the moon for my friend, she deserves the best. The two of them are perfect for each other.

I swung my legs off the bed, slowly waking up. I jumped up remembering I didn't sleep here last night. I looked down to see I was wearing his jumper and sweats. Did he? No. I saw my clothes from yesterday folded neatly at the end of my bed, he did. I shook the thought from my head, I still had my underwear on, he's bound to have some human decency not to look, I was eerily calm, believing he didn't before I had even asked him. 

I quickly got showered and dressed, I promised to meet Axton at twelve to go to Hogsmeade, it was now eleven-thirty. Charlotte said she needed to go to Hogsmeade as well. Smiling I skipped mischievously to the bathroom, filling up a bowl of water.

"Time to get up love birds!" I shouted throwing the water around them both. They immediately shot up breathing short breaths through the cold causing me to giggle.

"Remind me to never prank you again." Charlotte said shivering, she made her way of the bed. "I'm going to shower quickly and I'll meet you and Ax down there."

"All good." I said grabbing some money and placing it in my pocket as I searched my drawer for socks. Sebastian was hugging Charlotte from behind, kissing her cheek. "Urgh, get a room!" I teased throwing a pillow at them. "And you, in the shower, hurry up!" I said pointing at Charlotte.

"I'm going to shower now, chill." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Can I join?" Sebastian said wiggling his brows at her, her eyes widening and cheeks blushing pink.

"That's my cue to leave. Hurry up!" I said quickly, slipping out of the room.

I made my way to the common room to wait for every one, I sighed as I plopped down on the sofa looking into the fire, it's an amazing thing, fire. It has the potential to erase a building or a forest and yet it is maintained so easily, but unleash it and hell would break loose. Fire is like my powers, Father would always say: 'it can be maintained for so long and then it is unleashed. Control it and it will burn brighter and stronger than before. But, let it consume you and it can be the greatest downfall of us all'.  

I sighed, raising my hand towards the fire and closed my hand into a fist concentrating on what I wanted to happen. When I opened my eyes the fire was successfully out, I smiled proud of myself. I concentrated again as I snapped my fingers and carefully opened my fist, the fire had been restored burning brighter than before. However, the curtain across the room caught fire too. I quickly pulled out my wand and put it out and restored the curtain, that was close. Too close.

Axton came prancing down the steps with a gloomy Draco beside him. Axton pulled me into a hug. "Good morning, bubs." He said cheerfully, causing me to smile up at him. Before I could comment on his cheery behaviour, Malfoy groaned from beside him.

"Just shut up for Merlin's sake. It's too early for this shit." He groaned, practically throwing himself on the sofa where I previously sat.

"Ignore him, he went drinking last night and now he has a hangover." Axton said, laughing at how Draco shot up immediately, his eyes met mine an emotion flashed through them, too quick for me to catch it.

"Speaking of drinking..." I started, "Are we having that party when everyone's back or before they leave?" I said looking up to Axton who was counting his money carefully.

"What party?" Draco spoke up looking back and forth at us.

"Well, little Emerie here is quite the party animal and she came up with the idea that we should have this big fucked off party with every house, fourth years and up." Axton said teasingly, pulling me to his side. I pushed myself away lightly.