Chapter 9

A/N: TW: mentions of suicidal thoughts, attempt, eating disorder
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Emerie's pov:

I woke up the next morning, utterly exhausted. I groaned out loud when I realised I had classes. "Good morning to you too bubs." I shot up to see Axton leaning in my door frame, already dressed in his robes. I turned to see Charlotte's bed empty and Astoria's and Pansy's were untouched. "What time is it?" I replied lazily as I lay back down, nuzzling into the pillows.

"8am."

I shot up and whipped the covers off me. "8am!?" I panicked, "You didn't think to get me up earlier? How long have you been standing there? It doesn't matter move I need to get dressed." I rushed throwing my uniform on the bed. "Show yourself out, see you at class bubs." I called as I ran into the bathroom, locking the door as I stepped into the scalding shower.

Once I was finally ready, I raced out of the common room to Transfiguration with Mcgonagall.

The day went by pretty quickly, the same with Wednesday, the teachers were piling on the work load. I decided to get all my work done, that evening before I had to meet up with Adrian to practice.

I was finishing up my herbology homework when Char, came through the door. "Em, I've been looking everywhere for you! Can we, urm, talk?" I closed my book and set it on the small coffee table in front of me. "Of course, Char. Here sit." I said as I patted the space next to me.

Charlotte sat down and I raised my legs pulling them into my chest and twisted myself around so my back was resting on the arm rest, as I faced her. I hadn't seen her a lot since the party.

"I just wanted to thank you, again." She gave me a sad smile as she fidgeted with her fingers. I grabbed her hands in mine, resting them on my knees. She twisted around to sit similar to me. "You don't have to thank me at all, it's what friends are for."

"Last year-" She started.

"-You don't have to tell me, Char. It's ok."

"I want to." She said with a sad smile. I nodded my head, my thumb running along her knuckles soothingly as I waited patiently for her to continue.

"Last year, the boys had me on their list, but it wasn't like all the others. This time it was only Sebastian's job to sleep with me, but he didn't want to do it. We ended up spending a lot of time together, getting to know eachother, laughing and then he came clean about the whole thing, of course I was mad. But then I realised that he didn't complete the bet or the conquest. We talked about it and I decided to forgive him..."

I was confused, Sebastian made it sound like he killed her family, and what does Pansy have to do with any of this? I kept quiet as she took in a deep breath continuing.

"The boys, obviously weren't happy about it, that he was becoming soft and they thought they were going to lose him. At this point we were together and I was happy, I'd met his family, we talked about our future, children's names. I was in love with him. I still am. But the boys came up with this 'forefit' they said he had to do it and he agreed, knowing what it was. Whether he was drunk, high or whatever he still did it. He slept with Pansy, not once but numerous times, they skipped school to do it, stayed here for the holidays to do it and on my birthday, I walked into our dorm to find them doing it on her bed."

Her voice came out weak and shaky as she breathed out the last sentence her eyes glossy with tears, I pulled her into a tight hug, soothingly rubbing her back as she let out sobs. Once she calmed down a bit she continued, her head resting on my shoulder, hugging her knees. I lay my head on top of hers my knees bent just like hers as she took in a deep breath.