Chapter 38

A/N: PLEASE READ TW: This chapter contains addiction, drug misuse, mentions of self-harm/ suicide, death, murder. If you are uncomfortable with any of these please feel free to skip <33

Happy reading <33

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Emerie's pov:

"Emerie! Xavier! Our guests are here!" Our Mother called sternly from downstairs in the late afternoon.

"Coming Mother!" I shouted back. "That's my cue, we can finish this when I'm back." I said looking up at Desmond.

"I think our plan is close to perfect we just need to figure out where she is and how to lure her out, has she contacted you at all?" He asked as I began to hide our plans under the floorboards along with Xavier's letters that I still haven't bothered to open. We were on good terms now, there wasn't a need too.

"Not since the night of Dumbledore's death." I sighed. "I didn't even try to use my powers, how can she contact me?"

"Because the link will always be there. We know that now and we must always cast the silencing spell discussing this so she can't know what we are up to, we never know when she is listening in. Understood?"

"Yes of course. Are you ready to go?" I asked him.

"It's not like I have to pack much." He chuckled.

"Emmy! Come on we're already- Oh." Xavier cut himself off as he spotted Desmond facing me in our room. "Uhm, hello."

"Hello." Desmond greeted him, the room filling with awkward silence after. 

"We should get going, yeah?" I asked breaking the silence.

They both nodded identically as Desmond disappeared back into my ring followed by the slight burn as he did so. "Can he hear us...In there?" Xavier asked hesitantly.

"No. Well...Not that I know of." I shrugged. "So who is this mystery girl you're bringing with us."

"I guess you'll have to wait and see." He said a beaming smile on his face. "Marcel and his family are already here." 

He watched my reaction cautiously. "Okay, we should get down there then."

"Em, you don't have to put up with this- with him for two weeks if you don't want to. We can go next year, I don't know why Edin and Savanna even invited him." He spat.

"Don't do that." I begged. "Not for the next few days. Xavier they are our parents, they raised us and believe it or not they're still blood. Desmond and Amara were centuries ago our parents did what they thought was right do not blame them for that."

"Whatever." He mumbled leaving the room.

This trip was going to be longer than I thought...

I rubbed my temples from the headache I could already feel coming. I grabbed my suitcase glancing back at my room once more before walking downstairs. I near tripped over Greta, our house elf who was carrying a mountain of suitcases in her tiny frail arms.

"Here, Greta I'll take some of those." I said gently taking over half of the suit cases in my arms, placing mine on the top of the pile.

"Miss is ever so kind! B-But Greta does not want Miss in t-trouble!" She cried.

"Nonsense." I dismissed her pleas, "Mother wishes me more like her and she hasn't gotten it in the past seventeen, nearly eighteen years, I doubt she will be any less disappointed now."