Chapter 36

A/N: TW: This chapter contains heavy sexual scenes, alcohol and drug misuse, violence. if you are uncomfortable with any of these please feel free to skip!

Happy reading <33

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Emerie's pov:

"So...you watched her grow up, you never died...further...and you hid in her ring?" Draco asked as he sat on the bed looking between Desmond and I.

"Prettyyy much." I sighed.

"That would be correct." Desmond commented.

"You two do realise how fucked up that sounds?"

We both remained silent not knowing what to say. The story was bizarre no one would believe it even if we told them over and over again for the next ten years, it was beyond insane.

"Emerie." Draco sighed. "I believe you, I do obviously. But how can you trust him? You don't even know him, how do you know he's even your father and not some- I don't know- fucking demon corrupt spirit?"

At this Desmond chuckled earning death glares from me and Draco. After a minute his laugh died down. "Sorry."

"Draco, look at him, he practically has the same looks as Xavier. If you seen Amara you could barely tell whose who, she's practically identical to me but...older. I know it's insane and we have so much going on but I need you to trust me. You don't have to trust him but trust me. I know what I'm doing." I insisted.

He remained silent, his hand dragging down his face to show his stress from the situation. "Fine." He mumbled, resting his face in his hands.

"I need your help though..." I began.

"What?" He asked curiously.

"We may be getting ourselves into...two wars." I trailed off.

He sighed, running his hand down his face. He grabbed my hips, his thumbs lightly moving in circles comfortingly. "Let's just take one war at a time, yeah?" 

I nodded biting my lip nervously. How did our lives come to this? Is it truly all my fault?

Draco's pov:

I hadn't heard from or seen Emerie ever since she was called home in urgency for Christmas break all I got was a small piece of parchment saying that she was okay and she would explain everything when she got back. 

We've been back for a couple days now and there's been no sign of her. Part of me is freaking the fuck out but the other just knows somehow she isn't dead or harmed and I've been too preoccupied with the vanishing cabinet to second guess myself.

Just then the door to the room of requirement began to appear. Instantly I was on guard, my wand pointed in front of me when Slytherin robes came into view and her brown hair down by her face.

"Hey." She smiled widely running the short distance.

"Hi." I whispered as she jumped into my arms wrapping her arms around my neck, my hand came to the back of her head, the other around her waist as my head buried in the crook of her neck. "Where have you been?" I mumbled never wanting to let go.

She broke our embrace to look in my eyes, "They destroyed the Weasley's burrow. Father was outraged and they stayed with us for Christmas and if any Death Eater finds out or Voldemort he'll kill him on the spot so you can't tell anyone, please." She pleaded.

"Emerie I'm not going to. Did any of them-?"

"-No, no one died." She interrupted me and I nodded my head. Thank God.