Chapter 1

Emerie's pov:

Being the only daughter of two of the most empowered witch and wizard isn't a stroll in the park. Especially not in my case...

"You are transferring to Hogwarts and I want to hear no more complaints from you, you will do as you are told"

My mother wasn't the kindest soul she was cold, very set in her ways and in no way maternal. There's no motherly warm hugs or questions about school- most the time I believe she hates me considering I turned out nothing like her except inheriting some of her looks.

"But mother, there's nothing wrong wit-" she shot me an icy glare, if looks could kill I know I'd be dead. "I don't want to hear it Emerie-rose go upstairs immediately and pack you leave first thing tomorrow. And lose the attitude I want no complaints from this school, understood?"

I sighed knowing I wasn't going to win and she would avada kedavra me if I spoke back. "Yes, mother" I couldn't help the eye roll as I pushed myself away from the kitchen isle I was leaning on and walked out into the doomly lit hall and up the stairs to my safe haven... My bedroom, the only thing I can tolerate in this house.

I finished packing my things into my trunk and carried it down and left it in the hallway for tomorrow. I could've got Greta our house elf to do it, but I think it's cruel and absurd how they're treated, I may be rich but I have morals... Very different ones from my mother and the other rich wizarding families... Probably why I'm a disappointment to her.

The time arrived to go to Hogwarts, I wasn't that nervous it was September I'm sure other students will be transferring for 5th year... Hopefully. We used floo powder to arrive at platform 9 3/4, the steam train was marvellous: the old fashioned painting, writing, design... I loved it.

There were tons of children hugging their mothers waving goodbye as they boarded the train carrying trunks twice the size of them. I couldn't help but let out a small giggle at one boy tripping over his robe that was far too big on him. The thrill and taking it all in was short lived as I felt a sharp elbow to my ribs.

"Remember Emerie-rose no misbehaving I don't want any more suspensions or detentions or whatever just wind your neck in and be ladylike. I won't have you disgracing our family name." I rolled my eyes at her speech this woman really irritates me and I will happily stay out of trouble if it means I can stay away from her longer.

I just nod my head at her and give a faint smile. She looks down with mere disgust and takes a piece of fluff out of my hair and flicks it away. I ignore her; the sooner I can get away the better. I turn to father, he gives me a warm smile and pulls me into a loving embrace.

"You'll be okay kiddo, you're a strong cookie just like your old man, I'm so proud of you don't forget that and owl me chicken, okay?" I smile at the pet name he used to call me all the time as a child, he was the caring parent and the one you could talk to about everything, I couldn't lose him, I wouldn't survive.

"I will dad I promise" he smiled at that and kissed my forehead I pulled away after and pushed the trolley of my belongings towards the train, I turned around and gave my parents a wave goodbye and boarded the train.

I was looking for an empty compartment but they all seemed to be full... Just my luck. I walked down to the end of the train and found a compartment that was open and quickly slipped in. Six pairs of eyes shot up to look at me.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know that there was anyone in here" I was highly embarrassed. One of the boys shot me a knowing smirk and the other averted his gaze to the window, I must have stood there for a minute or two as the girl at the edge piped up.

"Well do you need help finding the exit? Cause you sure as hell could enter." I took this girl in, pug-faced nose, scraggy hair and manicured nails... She had the audacity to try speak down at me- oh please!

"Oh sorry your heiness would you like a shampoo too, to try get the grease off your hair, it might take awhile I'm pretty sure I can see my reflection!" I laughed lightly at their shocked expressions, they have no idea who they're messing with... So much for losing my attitude.

"How dare you! you-you filthy little mudblood!" The girl shrieked like the spoilt brat she was. I rolled my eyes.

"Awh I'm sorry, did I strike a nerve?" I said in a mocking tone the smirk never leaving my lips until the blonde who had previously been day dreaming out the window stood up and roughly grabbed my arm dragging me out of the compartment.

"I suggest you move along before you make enemies with the wrong people you little mudblood" he seethed and took a step closer, towering over me, so that our faces were inches from eachother. He was really attractive, bleach blonde hair, the prettiest of blue eyes and the best build, but I know boys like this, they're petty, they act high and mighty but at the end of the day, they won't do shit.

"Is that so? Maybe it's you that shouldn't make enemies with the wrong sort, after all you're hanging about with pug-face, didn't daddy ever teach you not to hang out with mutts or worse date them?" he was taken aback by my words... Perfect.

"We aren't- you don't need to know but I suggest you be very careful how you speak to me little girl." My jaw dropped at the nickname causing a smirk to grow on his beautiful face.

"Now run along before you make matters worse for yourself. If I was related to you I'd avada kedavra myself due to how much of a disappointment you are, trying to speak down to your superiors, pathetic." And with that he spun round closing the door in my face leaving me there in a total state of shock.

This idiot just made enemies with the wrong girl.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
1092 words

A/N: Hope you liked the first chapter!! It'll get better from here on in, it'll be kind of slow burn but hella toxic if that makes sense idk I will update as much as I can. Thanks again for reading <33