Chapter 25

A/N: TW: This chapter contains sexual scenes, mentions of rape/ sexual assault, violence, torture, scars and forms of self-harm. If you are uncomfortable with any of these please feel free to skip. 

Happy reading <33

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Emerie's pov:

Charlotte was in my room helping me organise a ball my parents were throwing for my seventeenth birthday in two days. "I really fucking hate my birthday, do I have to go?" I groan.

"Emerie! You are going and you are going to have the best night ever dancing and swaying with your Prince Charming." She teased as she pretended to waltz with someone around my room.

"I do not dance." I said sternly, "Not at these types of dances anyway." I sighed continuing to apply mascara to my lashes.

"She's not exaggerating when she says that." I turned my head to see Xavier leaning in my door frame. I rolled my eyes ignoring his presence, "C'mon Emmy it's not everyday my little sister turns seventeen!" He said enthusiastically.

"And it's not everyday that the worst day of your life happened four years ago on that day." I spat back causing his face to drop. The room filled with awkward tension as Xavier swayed back and forth on the balls of his feet. "You can go now." I snapped after finishing to apply my mascara and throwing it back in my makeup bag.

"Right... It was nice meeting you." He said acting friendly towards Charlotte. I felt my blood boil as I stomped up to him, pushing his chest with my hand before slamming the door and locking it. My hand felt weird after nearly four years of no physical contact with him- barely any contact to be exact except those annoying letters that pile up under the floorboards back in my dorm.

"I know you hate him, but your brother is hot." Charlotte said her jaw open in an impressed expression.

"Watch it missy, you have a boyfriend." I said pointing a teasing finger at her, "Plus he's a total dickhead, him and Marcel. You don't want to go anywhere near them at this ball."

"Girl scout's honour, I won't go near them. Sebastian may be my boyfriend but if you're on a diet that doesn't mean you can't look at the menu." She said wiggling her eyebrows as we both sat on my bed. 

"You are something else Charlotte Hale." I said as we both laughed.

"I could say the same about you, you have all the boys at your feet." She teased as she levitated nail polish from her bag across the room bringing it to us.

"That is not true!" I squealed in disbelief, casting a charm on the nail products to work at our nails while we talked.

"It is! You know it is!" She exclaimed, "They can't take their eyes off you, especially Malfoy."

"Malfoy?" I asked astounded at her. "You're seeing things Char, that boy has his tongue down Pansy's throat every minute."

"Have you seriously not picked up on it?" She asked curiously.

"No... I've always been with Ax, I don't need to notice anything else that isn't important."

"Ahhh, young love." She sighed flopping back onto my bed, the floating nail file and polish following her hand to finish their task.

"Yeah, yeah w- Shit! his owl!" I hurried to Brennons cage to see him and Dopey snuggled up together. I felt bad waking them to remove her from the cage. I successfully held her in one arm as my nails were being painted on the other.