Chapter 40

TW: This chapter contains sexual scenes, violence,  and mentions of death 

if you are uncomfortable with any of these please feel free to skip <33

Happy reading!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Emerie's pov:

I felt like time had stopped as I stared at the woman in front of me, my mother. My biological Mother who lived centuries before me. Who did I hurt for this to be my life?

"Amara." I stated. "What do you want?" I snapped, narrowing my eyes at her.

"My child, surely I can mourn the death of my own son?" She said her lips curling up in a sickening smirk.

My breathing quickened and in a split second I seen red, advancing towards her quickly ready to pounce as her smirk mocked the death of my brother. I lunged at her only to be caught and lifted away by Draco.

He held me over his shoulder as I struggled to get free, all fury building up rapidly inside me. "Draco put me down this instant!" I shouted, hitting his back.

In anger I took off my ring throwing it harshly on the ground, we were all silent as the clattering of the ring echoed throughout the room. In less than a milisecond Desmond drifted through the wall in confusion, his eyes widening in shock as Amara stood in the door way.

"Desmond, my love?" Amara quivered, her gaze softening.

"Save it." He snapped. "What do you want?"

"Our son, Xav-"

"-He wasn't our son! Take his name out of your mouth!" Desmond boomed. I had never seen him this angry, the tension bubbling in the room.

Draco put me down slowly, his eyes flicking between Amara and Desmond who glared at each other angrily. His grip on my waist tightened and he sent me a 'Don't even try' look.

"You destroyed any opportunity we had of having a family!" Desmond spat.

"Me? Everything I have done! Everything I'm doing is for us! For this family!"

"This isn't a family, you made sure of that when you used those God damn powers for war. You could have raised our child, I would have been there with you!" He tried to reason.

I hadn't noticed everyone had left until I glanced to see Draco point to Charlotte, motioning for her to follow the others.

"You know it wouldn't have been the same! You're here now, she!- she can bring you back!" Amara stood her ground pointing at me.

Desmond hovered in-front of Draco and I. "Leave her out of this Amara. You wanted her dead."

At this she laughed, she threw her head back in laughter. Her eyes narrowed when he didn't laugh along with her. "You aren't serious?" She asked in shock horror. "I would never kill our daughter Desmond, don't be ridiculous." She said marching up to him.

Their eyes searched each other's in deep fury. "You aren't the Amara I fell in love with... you're evil and corrupt by god knows what. I never want to see your fucking face again!"

She stumbled back like his words had psychically pushed her. "Des-"

"-Was I not fucking clear enough? I don't love you anymore." He said staring at her.

I felt a gasp leave my lips at his words, sounding almost identical to those that came from the boy beside me all those months ago. Suddenly, reality came crashing down around me again and I took a step away from Draco. I watched as his eyes hardened with realisation as he shook his head.