Chapter 34

The set up and the stage was magnificent. Even with the whole place lit up it still managed to leave me butterflies in my stomach imagining the amazing performances that would take place up there. With my hands crossed over my chest, standing right in front of it all at the end of the catwalk, I marvelled at the sight of it, proud to be a part of it. It was nothing but silence filling up the room, and nothing but the exhilarating feeling filling up me. The stagehands had really done a great job bringing the stage plot to life. I couldn't wait to see it with the lights out, only the halo above the band and Harry as the source of light.

"Amazing, huh?" Grimmy bumped his shoulder to my side with a grin. Just as I noticed his presence I looked up at him, but he had already looked away, taking in the epic view as well.

"It's going to be great." I smiled proudly at him before looking back, not done with the view. It seemed like we were taking turns looking at each other, yet I still sensed him smiling back at with an equally proud smile. Grimmy laid an arm around my shoulders, squeezing me tight next to him. I squeezed him equally as hard with an arm around his back. Both of us were having a moment, feeling and thinking all sorts of things while looking at the reality of all the hard work the past months. It wasn't long until we had crossed the finish line, but we could already smell the victory.

"I couldn't have done it without you Sugar." He almost whispered, not wanting to ruin the moment, but with those words he could've never. An overwhelming feeling of happiness spread through me, making every blood, sweat and tear over the past months worth it.

"Are you getting all sappy with me now?" I teased a bit, joining him in the soft tone of voice. His infectious small giggles filled the room in echos, not leaving it as silent anymore.

"Be careful, I'm still your boss." Grimmy playfully advised while letting go of me and heading for the stairs. His back was the only one to get the view of my roll of eyes.

"Fine, if you say so- I'll call you boss from now on." I acted nonchalant, leaning a bit on one leg while my arms found their way back to their crossed hold. I knew exactly what reaction I would get, but I couldn't help it- he had practically given it to me. Grimmy had now made his way up the stage, standing right in front of me at the edge of the catwalk.

"Careful I said..." He pierced his eyes down at me, doing his best to look threatening but failing miserably. If it was something that Grimmy never managed to do then it was to look threatening, that's why he was the worst- and the best boss, but also the reason he hated to be called boss.

"So- should we just get our part of the rehearsals done with?" He went back to his normal self after seeing me giving him the last word with just a laugh at his previous response.

After I went backstage and gave the crew a heads up that we were ready for the rehearsals I stood on top of the stage, swaying back and forth awkwardly in the wait of everyone else to be ready. The sound guy had set me up with a mic on my cream white t-shirt I wore last night. The light guy had finally set it up just like how it would look tomorrow night and the stage was even more beautiful. As if I already didn't feel misplaced on stage, the big crew made it worse. I knew nothing was being recorded, it was just for the camera guys to try out the shots they wanted for the different cameras, for the control room to practice, for Grimmy to get a feeling of the real thing beforehand and the light and sound to make sure they got it perfect.

I was really awkward at first when Grimmy walked up next to me on stage, beginning the rehearsals just like he would after Harry had performed. We continued our way to the two armchairs at the end of the catwalk. He practiced a few questions on me, to which I made up answers. He sent me off again to pretend I would go and do a performance, just for the cameras and control to prepare their shots. Again, I stood there swaying and smiling until Grimmy giggled at me being silly to which I did the same. After a minute I made my way back to Grimmy without him shouting or coming to get me, as I knew that was what was planned to happen after his second performance. I was starting to get used to it and more comfortable, actually thinking it was quite fun as me and Grimmy got into it.