Chapter 12

It always baffled me how energetic Grimmy could be in the mornings. Yes, I was a morning person- you had to be in this profession. But nothing compared to Grimmy. However I knew that Grimmy was a 'everything' person, always the same cheeky and happy self. That one hour less sleep we got today didn't leave a sign on him. On a normal day it would have left a mark on my mood, but I was too nervous today to feel tired.

The big day was here, release day. Time had flown by. Harry was going to join the show at 7. The clock was now 4 in the morning, and me and Grimmy had specifically decided to come to work earlier so that we could listen to the whole album together before the show. Just like last time we had pre-recorded the bits before Harry's arrival, so we had plenty of time to prepare. Nick had already listened to the album last night when Jeffrey had sent us it, but I had saved it till now.

Every single song was amazing. There were no skips on this album, as expected. It was hard to pick a favourite, but if I had to pick one it was 'Only Angel'. With the intro, the surprising burst right after and the pure rock feeling following it and for the rest of the song. This was a song I wanted to shout the words to, this was a song that boosts your confidence. The 70s influence was prominent, and I loved it. Only Angel was a song that was going to be perfect for your headphones, but a masterpiece on stage.

Both me and Grimmy smiled from top to bottom, but a feeling that was recurring was the nostalgic feeling squeezing my chest with joy. All the way from the intro of 'Two Ghosts' and its resemblance to the intro of 'Melissa' by Allman Brothers Band, which was a song I had been listening to for so many years. To the then soft strings of 'Sweet Creature' and the heartfelt lyrics. The feeling held on all the way to the end with the honest and longing track of 'From the Dining Table' with the harmonize making my eyes shut with a smile on my face.

"He did good, right?" Grimmy said, low and soft, when the last strings of the song ended.

"He really did." I said with the same softness back, smiling down.

We already knew which songs he wanted us to play, since we didn't have time for all of them. Me and Nick walked over to the studio to prepare them for when it was time. It only took a few minutes, so Grimmy then turned to me in his chair and watched me for a second before sharing his thoughts with me.

"It is an hour left before he's here. Let me practice my questions on you!" He suggested excitedly, his gap between his teeth showing. Grimmy looked really good today, he had a dark green leopard print shirt opened to show his chest hair, and a jeans jacket matched with that.

"Me?" I laughed, not knowing what purpose this would actually serve. It wasn't like we could change the questions one hour before.

"Yeah, but you'll have to pretend to be Harry- answer like him." He instructed me as he shook the paper straight in front of him to choose a question to ask.

"I want to ask you about the stunt double in the Sign of the Times music video and the meme surrounding it. What do you think of it?" He asked, eager to see my impression. Of course I didn't know the answer, so I just had to wing it.

"Uhmmm.... I don't know really. Eehhh... But he did a great job, ehh- yeah?" I dragged out the words, trying to get my voice in a deep and low tone. Answering the question, but not really. Grimmy did his best not to laugh while I was in character, but he broke into a fit of laughter as soon as I couldn't keep my face straight anymore.

We did some last minute work until the clock showed 06:40 as I got a text from Jeffrey that they had arrived. We knew that they were going to be early since Harry and Jeffrey didn't know how long it would take for them to pass all of the people and fans waiting outside the building.