Chapter 26

It had almost been a week since Harry walked out of my flat. Only a couple of days after, he was off to L.A to do promo for Dunkirk. The days in between consisted of nothing but silence. Several times I had started typing out a text but always ended up deleting it. I had stared myself crazy at the blinking blank space. Nothing seemed right to say, and yet it seemed that it wasn't right to say nothing.

The silence was killing me, and I missed him. But I knew that he had asked for space and I hoped that it was what he needed. I did my best to give it, and thankfully my lack of words made me give him just that. Still, I couldn't shake the fear of him getting comfortable with the space and that it would become permanent.

Usually my busy work has always been a sanctuary for peace. It was a place for me to get distracted when the real life outside was a mess, now it wasn't anything else but torture. My work literally revolved around Harry, and I couldn't escape him or the aching feeling in my chest. And it wasn't about to stop revolving about Harry for a while either.

Me and Grimmy had just finished the broadcasting of today's The Breakfast Show and was fixing up the studio and all the equipment. He was working one side of the studio and I the other. While moving around I had started talking about how good we were doing in relation to our timeline. Grimmy cleared his throat as he was done wrapping up the cords.

"You know how Harry went away on Dunkirk press yesterday?" Grimmy spoke while bending down to adjust something on the instrument in front of him. I didn't see how present Harry was relevant and needed to be brought up in the planning surrounding Harry one month from now. It made my pulse raise and my head to snap in the direction of Grimmy.

"Yes?" I answered him unsure and suspicious. If he heard my hesitant tone he decided to pretend like it was nothing.

"Well, we need to make some adjustments to the timeline. He'll stop by The Breakfast Show for some press stuff here as well. So we'll have to combine the planning for the big show with his Dunkirk promo appearance, so it messes a little with the timeline we have right now. But it shouldn't be too much of a problem, especially since the two of us are pros now." He blurted out the details like it was nothing, still not facing me. If he would have seen my face he would have seen that it wasn't nothing to me. He was right about it being a piece of cake with all our other experiences now and the great team work, but that wasn't my issue. However, I couldn't let him know that so I scrubbed the panic look on my face.

"When is it?" Was all I could think of asking, but I had a guess what he would answer.

"Oh that's the thing, it is already on the 17th of july, so in ten days." He began while turning around from the instrument, and I wasn't surprised by his answer, "I know, I know- it's really soon, I just got the request last night. But I figured we can sit down and plan it today and tomorrow, and then we can go back to focus on the big show." Grimmy defended himself and I giggled at him almost panicking as he was expecting me to do. I was panicking on the inside, I didn't know if me and Harry would be okay until then. Yet, I kept my cool on the outside. For the reason he was expecting me to panic I felt nothing.

"It's fine, we'll manage to plan a great show before that." I assured him quickly, hoping to get back to overthinking.

"And yes- about that... Last night me and Jeff planned a short meeting in thirty minutes to talk a bit about what they were thinking, I want you to join me." He went back to his normal state, but now it was my turn to panic for real.

"I can't." I blurted out without thinking. Grimmy peered over at me with his eyebrows hovering over his questioning eyes.

"What do you mean you can't?" He chuckled lightheartedly at me acting weird. With his big smile he walked over with his laptop in one hand. I couldn't think of an answer of course, since I didn't actually have an excuse. Grimmy found his own explanation and didn't wait for me to reply, thankfully.