Chapter 17

A/N: Reminder! Listen to the song that is underlined, I will put the yt video for you to play if you swipe by the picture up here

With that said, enjoy!

----------------

This was the first real day off for Harry since coming to the states a week ago. What he wished for on this day? Nothing. Nothing, as in just relax and no grand plans. There was no one complaining about that around the breakfast table. Everyone seemed to be on the same page after the day we had yesterday.

"so just a chill day by the pool?" Clare asked the group to confirm, we all nodded in sync.

"Maybe some margaritas?" Grimmy cheesed with a wink at her, making everyone laugh. Well, maybe Mitch didn't actually laugh, a better description would be a small smile. But after spending some time with Mitch now, I knew that it was rare to see a full laugh from him. He wasn't one for big and expressive emotions, even if it was clear that he was a softie at heart.

"Yes!" She sang back, bonding with Grimmy. But the more important question was- who didn't Grimmy bond with?

With Grimmy standing up from the table to go look if we had everything, he seemed to have unconsciously declared breakfast over. Slowly everyone got up from their seat and was now crowding the kitchen to clean after ourselves.

"No, we barely have anything for it." Grimmy whined next to me, head deep in one of the cabinets.

"I can go get everything for us." I suggested, leaning close to him to put the coffee back in the cabinet he had been examining.

"Yes please Sugar." He moaned with happiness, "I'll write you a list." Grimmy grabbed his phone from the back pocket to go over all the condiments we needed from the store. While he was busy with that I turned around to continue helping the others. Instead I almost bumped into Harry's chest.

"I'll go with you." He offered while reaching over me to get in the same cabinet me and Grimmy had been occupied by. I stepped aside so his chest, jawline and tattooed arm didn't tower over me anymore, giving me some headspace to be able to think of something to say.

"You don't have to do that." I rejected kindly, feeling like his day of nothing shouldn't consist of doing boring grocery shopping with me. The only reason I had been up for it was to have an excuse to see more of L.A.

"I know, but I want to." He insisted, now turning to me and making space for Adam to pass the three of us standing in the middle of the cleaning chaos.

"And plus, I think you are underestimating the challenge of driving on the wrong side of the road." Harry grinned at me, and he was right- I hadn't even thought about that part. However, I didn't want him to see that I hadn't thought it through and give him the upper hand in this conversation.

"If you can do it, then so can I." I sassed back, making his eyes go wide at my quick wit. The surprise on his face turned into amusement.

"Have it your way then Bee, you can drive- but I'm coming with." He argued back. Secretly, I was now happy he had offered. I felt safe to have him with me. If I was going to crash, then at least I had another person with me.

Half an hour later we walked out the door to one of the cars. I stopped in front of it, turning to Harry. Gosh, I hated to say this but he had made me nervous about the drive.

"Okay, I'm going to swallow my pride and ask for you to drive." I acted innocent, hoping that he wouldn't give me some of his typical cheeky comments.