Chapter 24

A/N: You know how it goes, play the music that is underlined. YT video up here if you swipe by the picture.

-------------------------

During the days leading up to my birthday I had spoken to Harry everyday. The first few days he called me in the evening, crying over the phone. I think during first call he was shocked, he had realised the reality of coming home but not fully being home without him. The other cries were for his mum and out of exhaustion, emotional exhaustion. Later, the phone calls turned from me comforting him to chats about his day. For the last few days now we had texted for the most part. I knew he had travelled back to London yesterday as he continued to be stubborn and insist on not missing my birthday.

Even if we were supposed to meet later today he had still been one of the first people to text me to wish me happy birthday. Cute as he was he had sent me a voice message, singing happy birthday lowly before ending it with a small message. With the biggest grin on my face I had listened to it from bed, giggling at him being adorable.

"Happy birthday Bee, and thank you to the Sumner parents for gifting us with her through your love making." He laughed at his own joke, "may 23 be your best year yet. See you later love."

But even if Harry had been one of the first people to congratulate me, he wasn't the first one. It had always been tradition for Max to burst through my bedroom door and sing on the top of her lungs, now I had to settle for a concert through the phone. Her phone call had woken me up in the morning, and the tone-deaf singing wasn't ideal to wake up to. However it was ideal to wake up to your best friend, the tone-deaf singing just happened to come with it. The phone call wasn't long, and it wasn't enough, but still I was happy to talk to her for a little while today at least.

I had done myself a favour and chosen two outfits for today a couple of days ago. Otherwise I would have been in the normal I-have-nothing-to-wear-panic. You could never count on the sun shining, even if it was the middle of summer. However, I was lucky today with the blue skies and warm weather. Therefore I went with the more summery one, a sequin mini dress. It was shimmery and shiny, featuring colourful stripes and extra long sleeves. The sequin fabric was almost see through, so I had to put on a two piece white bodysuit under it. Thankfully it looked more like a bikini and you could barely see it if you weren't staring.

I had replaced my signature mary janes for a pair of white simple square toe mules. Over the outfit I had thrown on my big vintage jean jacket. The orange lipstick popped against all the colours on my dress and the dark denim. Still, it didn't look too harsh with my usual strawberry lip balm over it to give it that softer look. With a last spray of saltwater in my hair I was out the door.

Lea had promised to give me company on my way there so me, her and her best friend shared an uber. Since the only person she knew, Max, wasn't going to be there I had let her bring her bestie to keep her company. Casper was being kind enough to sort everything out at the bar and with his staff, who he had taken in to work the bar so he could be free tonight. Also the staff happened to be my friends now with the amount of time spent at the bar, so I was happy to have them there as well. Because Casper had everything under control for me, I therefore didn't need to be there before everyone else. Still, that didn't give me an excuse for running late like we were doing now.

When we stepped out of the car I saw everyone on the other side of the big windows. I saw Jack stand close to the glass with his model friends that I had made friends with over the past year. He noticed me and started to push through the people to get to the door. I reached the door before him and stepped inside with Lea and her friend next to me.