Chapter 9

It was only 15 minutes left before it was show time for Harry. The band, plus Harry had a pep talk in the dressing room to get in the mood. Sarah had informed me that they had been practicing for the last couple of days to get this perfect. They didn't want to make the same mistake as the last one. But practicing and doing it live were two completely different things. They were stood in a circle, everyone dressed in black, except Mitch. I guess he didn't get the memo. The group shattered in different directions and slowly started walking out the room. Me and Grimmy followed them behind and stopped in our spot backstage to watch it from there.

"Good luck!" I cheered with excitement as they continued their way to the stage. They all cheered back with thanks and big smiles, not giving off a hint of nerves. Harry stayed behind with us for a moment. He and Grimmy chatted and I switched focus to look while the band took the stage, gathering their instruments and making themselves comfortable. A moment later the roles between me and Grimmy were reversed as he now had stepped aside for me and Harry to have a quick chat.

"You look great." I said, looking at the velvet details of his jacket. Not that you could look at those without looking at his chest peeking out from the half unbuttoned shirt. Even if it was for just a second I managed to soak in all the details, from the cross, to the little chest hair that was barely there and the hint of the bird tattoos below his collarbone.

"Thanks Bee." It didn't come as a reflex, he seemed to genuinely mean it. Before saying his next line he didn't even look me up and down. Instead he searched my face for a quick second before returning in my eyes. "So do you." And a warm but intense feeling laid between us, something that hadn't been felt with him before. It was simply kind and softhearted, but intimate in some way. It didn't make me blush, it made me soft. He took a step back keeping my eyes with his for a second before switching to his normal state of eye contact between me and Grimmy.

"Are you guys fine here? Do you have a good view?" And me and Grimmy looked at each other, looked at the stage and then back to Harry nodding. He was as a matter of fact in a hurry.

"Okay, I'm off with the band then." And me and Grimmy tried to shoo him away, he had no business trying to watch out for us anymore.

"Good luck!" Grimmy cheered as Harry was about to turn around and leave, but he stopped in his tracks, as if he remembered something before leaving.

"You're not going to wish me good luck?" Harry turned to me with a smirk. I crossed my arms to fake a bossy look.

"Nope." I made the p pop, and his eyebrows raised to the ceiling.

"You wish the band good luck, but not me?" He chuckled, trying not to look hurt.

"You got this." I grinned back, again referring to the conversation we had before the Ever Since New York performance. It had worked then, I hoped it did now. A big toothy smile was glued on his face before turning for real this time and walking away. A moment later he was stood on the stage.

The crowd cheered and the lights went out as the tunes of Sign of The Times started playing, except from a few behind Clare and a spotlight on Harry. He didn't seem as nervous as he did his last performance. Him and the keyboard sounded lovely. The stage lit up some more with the harmonies, still sounding lovely. So far he was pleased since a small grin sneaked up on his face just before the chorus. On the second line of the chorus we locked eyes for a few seconds and a bigger smile grew on him. I was in awe. This was so good so far, and he seemed happy.

I carried on admiring the band, watching all of them, but especially Sarah. Amazing was an understatement. Me being a music nerd for so long could see that she was one as well. She put her soul into playing those drums, and she was so cool doing it.