Chapter 57

A/N: Hi besties! I've made a little teaser for the Italy trip to set the mood and get you in the right spirit for it. The chapter then starts right under it. Enjoy!

The flight took off early in the morning. My view for three hours on the flight was a snoring Grimmy, sleeping with his mouth wide open in the opposite seat of me. It was hard to keep my focus on the book I was nose deep in, and even harder when I saw Sarah to my side of the aisle twisting her mouth in a grin that tried to kill the laugh that was creeping up on her. We met eyes in a stare, before looking away simultaneously in a snort of laughter. Mitch, who sat opposite of Sarah, gave a short and quiet chuckle. If it was at us or with us, we didn't care.

"What are you doing?" In a whisper Clare turned around from her seat behind Grimmy, looking back at me and Sarah.

It drew the rest of their attention to us. To fill them in, Sarah then tilted her head towards Grimmy. Once again she tried her best not to laugh at his head falling onto his own shoulder, looking like it was about to snap any minute and creating a lovely double chin.

Adam's head that had popped up behind Mitch stood even taller now that he dragged himself out of his seat, phone held up high and ready.

"Oh no, he's gonna hate that." I giggled out quietly as I quickly understood what Adam had planned, and the image of Grimmy's face when he saw the photo made it even more funny.

"I'm hating it," Mitch complained with a hand raised at the sudden intrusion of his space that Adam's pose required, "c'mon man? Not a face full of ass." he added in a low mumble.

Adam turned around from pushing the phone up in Grimmy's face. Now it was even harder not to laugh so I hid the big foolish smile behind my book. On the other side of Adam, just obliquely opposite me on the other side of the plane, I saw those striking green eyes squint up by the big beam on his lips, shaking his head. His gleeful eyes met mine over the book from across the plane. As an effect of holding each other's overly joyful gaze, I pulled the book up higher to keep myself from laughing in fear of waking up Grimmy. Something else that I hid behind the book was the change of colour on my cheeks and the beam that had grown bigger, which I didn't believe was possible.

"You heard him Sarah, he's not into those things, can be good for you to know." I heard Adam sass back low from behind my pages. I peeked an eye over it again, and saw how he had now turned from the sleepy beauty that was Grimmy to smirk at Sarah.

"Watch it." Sarah coolly raised an eyebrow in Adam's direction, hinting a smirk at him.

Arriving in Naples we quickly got on the train to Sorrento. We had our own little section of the train to stay discreet. For the train ride, I sat between Harry and Grimmy, now both of them sleeping. Even if I also was tired, I couldn't grip my eyes away from the view. Outside the window, the mediterranean glimmered as the beaming sun hit the surface. Beautiful was an understatement. It was breathtaking. And on the windowsill rested a head of brown curls, falling down onto his peaceful face together with the sun from the outside.

As I said, it really was a view you couldn't tear your eyes away from.

I did exactly what Adam had done, but not for the same reason. I needed to capture this moment, to capture the beautiful, breathtaking, simplicity of it. Carefully, I pulled up the vintage camera Leica M6 that I had borrowed from Philippe, and I snapped a picture. From the lense it was a perfect shot of a soft, warm yellow settling over the sparkling ocean and enhancing the sharp jawline that was all I saw.