Chapter 61

I was a lot of things; hard-working, positive, a music lover, a morning person, a vintage fanatic, a bit stubborn at times... The list goes on. And now, I could add cheater to that list.

But one thing I wasn't was a photographer. At least I hadn't been one, but I was impressed by myself with how good the pictures and snippets of videos came out.

As already established, I was not the one to update my socials that often. But when I stumbled across a photo I had taken of the whole group, I smiled brightly knowing that this one would end up on my insta story. It was a picture from one of our last days, all of us lined up for a picture in some village alley on our way back to the car and vespa after visiting an italian market.

I remember me running to fit in the frame as soon as I pushed the timer. Clare, who stood behind a hunched and squatting Grimmy, was quick to drag my arm to stand next to her, placing me in front of Harry's tall figure. In the photo one of his arms was wrapped around my collarbone, as the other was raised up in a peace sign, his face shining up in an overly happy and adorable beam that was one of his signatures. My own arm that Clare had dragged me in was locked with hers as my other hand rested on Harry's arm that was wrapped around me, and I was midway a giggle in the photo. Taking it in, warmth spread in my chest.

Despite what was going on then, I was very happy in that moment. How could I not be? I was surrounded by almost all of my favourite people. And the rest of them also seemed to be the happiest, everyone in high spirits. From the way Adam leaned his arms on Mitch's shoulder and winking at the camera, to how Sarah smiled sweetly with Mitch's arms around her waist making even him cheese for the photo. Happiness was contagious, and around this lovely bunch of people it was hard to feel anything less than that, and even through a screen- I felt happy again.

I ended up closing the laptop before posting it to my instagram story, tagging the rest of them, before I headed for the bathroom to get ready for bed. On my way back to bed Philippe took his eyes off the TV and the movie, catching my focus with his eyes instead.

"It's only twenty minutes left on it." He quickly explained with his loving eyes. I just knew he hoped to catch me before I went to sleep, hating to leave me falling asleep by myself. In return I lightly shook my head as I continued walking.

"No stress." I assured him with a short smile. I went back to my bed, but before getting into it I took the camera I had placed on the top of my closed laptop and returned to the small living room area, leaning on the frame of the bedroom door.

"Your camera." I declared my return, hoping that he would get what I meant from just that. Once again he looked back at me, but as the words hit him, his brows pushed together for only a second as he fumbled a bit to respond, clearing his voice.

"Uh yeah, just place it by my laptop." He pushed out, pointing to the kitchen bar countertop. I took a second look at him, but his focus was swiftly moved back to the TV screen. With him clearly having his attention in the movie, I pushed away from the door and walked over to where he had pointed.

"How did the pictures come out?" Philippe asked flat and a bit short from behind my back. I guess his focus wasn't in the movie as deeply as I had thought.

Letting the camera down on the countertop, I then turned around, crossing my arms. Surprisingly, but also not surprisingly at all, Philippe was still watching the movie. My brows lowered over my eyes as my tone lowered as well.

"Good... yeah, good." I replied back, but it was as if he didn't actually listen to my answer, now doing the same thing as before- having his full attention on the screen before him.

I was frozen in my spot, just watching him watching the movie. I contemplated bringing it up. One problem was that I was drunk. So, most certainly not the best time to say it. The other problem was that I had no way how to actually bring it up, since the time to figure it out had gotten stolen, as well as the time to tell it.