Chapter 53

That first London show had been magical. And the second one, just as good.

Yes, Harry had sneaked in the invitation as we hugged bye after the first concert. With his arms wrapped around me he had mumbled "come tomorrow again?" close to my ear. I didn't know if it was the concert, sharing a hug for the first time in forever or the question- but I was high on euphoria, and had been ever since he walked up on stage that first night.

The feeling carried on living in my chest as the days went by, and Harry and the band left London. But I never stopped keeping in touch with them, all of them. Harry and I were back at our small exchanges of text throughout the days. It started with him texting "I'm happy you came tonight."  followed just a second after by "And last night x" and ever since we were more or less back to our old routines.

The weird feeling of seeing that the last text before that was from the middle of September was a feeling that I was very aware of. I'm sure Harry felt the same, since the first few texts were awkward. But as that was pushed further up in the chat, and eventually disappearing all together, the weirdness was gone.

There still hadn't been a private phone call between us, only FaceTime calls with all of the band, but it had only been a week since the London shows, so it was nothing to stress about. These small steps were enough, even if they didn't feel so small with the way we engorged in text conversations. I was just more than happy that we were on good terms again, and now that we were, it was even more clear to me than before that I had missed him, a lot, more than I had let myself feel. Maybe that was the reason for the way we talked from morning to night, the small amount of time back as friends didn't yet make up for the time apart, leaving us with the feeling that we still missed each other.

While I heard my phone buzz in my back pocket, knowing exactly who it was, I still ignored it, even if the urge of looking tingled all the way to my fingertips. It was one thing texting when I had the time, but taking time to text while I was busy at work didn't only feel wrong, it was wrong.

I walked over to my desk after a day of helping before the afternoon show, thankfully- I didn't have to stay for the show, only just administrate everything around it beforehand.

Sitting down by my desk next to Grimmy, I threw a glance to my left. He was already wearing a smug smirk on his lips after hearing my heels walking over from behind. I waited for him to speak, just looking at him. I knew he noticed, but he was too entertained with his own thoughts to give any indication that he would share them with me. I spun on my chair, turning to him with suspicious eyes.

"Are you going to tell me what that sly smile is about?" I asked playfully while poking his cheek, making it only flex harder with an even bigger grin as he tilted his head back in a laugh.

He collected himself and shrugged nonchalantly, but still not losing that weird smile from before, and it bugged my curiosity even more.

"You know I'm always smiling." He stated innocently.

"True. It's not hard to entertain you, that's for sure." I agreed in a small sass and by the small typical Grimmy giggle he made it clear that he enjoyed my cheekiness of indirectly roasting him. In return I gave a hard and closed smile over my shoulder, digging my eyes in his before adding, "But I'm curious about that specific smile." I tilted my head down to his lips as if it wasn't already obvious.

For once, Grimmy wasn't chatty. All I was met with was a muted stare, acting unknowing. I stared back.

"Not telling me?" I asked short in his stare. Still, no answer or reaction. I scoffed, "Okay, cool." I answered myself with a couple of quick nods.