Chapter 28

Harry's POV

My day had been full with press for Dunkirk in London together with my cast mates. Now that the long day was over I had just got home, but since I never liked my house empty I had invited Mitch over. It wasn't often the house was empty, if it ever was empty. If I was home alone, I felt just that... Alone.

He walked through the front door and raised the takeaway over his head in a way of greeting. The smell of our thaifood filled the entire room the minute he stepped his foot in the kitchen.

"Yummy." I spoke with a small smile as he stood on the other side of the kitchen island, starting to unpack the food.

"Mhmm, I'm starving." Mitch agreed while nodding his head slowly and not really changing his cool and unmoved face. I smiled for myself before I shared the comeback that popped in my head.

"I'm not talking about the food." I joked with a smirk. When our eyes met I exaggerated a wink which caused a small chuckle and roll of eyes from him.

"You're making me blush." Mitch countered, giving of a sarcastic tone in his mellow voice.

While laughing a bit we dug into the food. He asked about my day, so we spent some time talking about how I had been sat with my cast member Fionn for the whole day, answering basically the same questions over and over again. I shared with him how uncomfortable I felt every time some reporter only wanted to focus on my other and main career path and made the entire interview about that instead of the movie. It was a movie I was so proud to be a part of, but I never wanted my involvement to steal attention away from what the attention should've been aimed at.

"I feel almost a bit nervous about the premier in three days." I admitted to Mitch while taking a last mouthful of food. I waited as he finished chewing before he answered.

"It'll be fine, you're always fine." He shrugged, trying to impose some peace to my nerves. I sighed and pushed some hair back while leaning back in my chair.

"I guess you're right... and after that I only have the BBC promo left with Grimmy and Bee, then I'm done." I pep talked myself out loud. Mitch nodded agreeing while also finishing his food and leaning back in the chair, effortlessly chill as always.

"So things have just gone back to normal with you and Bianca?" He asked without hesitation, but also without judgement. That's what I loved Mitch for, it was almost like he never had the need or interest to judge anyone. To judge someone took effort, and that wasn't his style. He was just this laid back guy.

"Pretty much, yes." I answered him back, knowing that he would want more details than that.

For the past two days me and Bianca had gone back to our normal everyday conversations through text. Ever since the encounter with the paparazzi I had made sure to check up on her. We never joined the rest of the group that evening. Instead we had sat in the car outside of her house, just talking about anything until she felt ready to head up, and until I felt ready to let her go.

The moment I saw the crowd gather around her like she was their prey all my resentment was as good as gone. Of course I wished that the situation was different, but it wasn't- and I had to come to terms with that. I couldn't hold it against her that she had given me false hope. Hope was a heartache that I had caused myself, and that I needed to carry myself. I couldn't blame her for the pain I felt. If it was either of us who had the right to hold anything against the other it was her for the headlines in the papers. Sure, they had put one and one together as I thought they would. The media knew since many years back that me and Grimmy were good friends and they had done their research and found out that Bianca worked with him. Still, whenever I was seen with a girl it was always going to be dating rumours. Especially since I had grabbed her hand. I didn't regret it, I never could. It was the only way to get her safely and quickly out of the situation.