Chapter 17 - Short Notice

Eret's POV
Time for work. Again.

Last night had been absolute chaos, in their opinion. They'd met Bad, who seemed nice enough. Eret was still wondering how you accidentally wander into a closed horror attraction in the middle of the night, of all things, but they could think about that later.

Right now they just had to focus on tonight.

They walked into the office. Seeing that they were the first one there, they sat down and started to prepare for the night. Eret hoped it would be less chaotic than it was last night. Based off that tall animatronic he saw last night, they didn't think they were mentally prepared for tonight.

Hopefully the animatronic was offline. They'd checked on it before coming to the office, and it'd been offline.

"AAAAAAAAAAAH!" Wilbur yelled as he burst into the office, making Eret jump. "SORRY I'M LATE. I GOT DISTRACTED."

Eret laughed, "it's okay. You're all good."

12am

The two of them looked up as the lights shut off.

"Right on time, actually," Eret added. Wilbur let out a small sigh of relief.

They scooted over to the monitors, pressing between cameras a few times before pausing on one.

Eret stared at it, narrowing their eyes after a moment. Something was moving in the shadows of the camera. With a slight shrug, they switched to a different camera.

A shadowy face appeared on the monitor, it's empty, black eyes staring at him emotionlessly. It looked like decayed wood. Actually, charred to a crisp was a better description.

Eret jumped back, in their panic closing the monitor. A small figured appeared on top of the desk. He felt himself begin to heat up, their breath speeding up.

It leaped at them with a loud screaming noise in their ear. He scrambled backwards, standing up from their chair and pressing back against the wall.

Wilbur appeared in front of them, grabbing their shoulders and shaking him.

"Eret! Eret what the fuck?" Wilbur yelled, snapping them back into reality. His friend looked dizzy as well.

"The ventilation-" Eret said weakly. They felt extremely light-headed.

Wilbur backed away from them and hurried over to the monitors. In their blurry haze of vision, he saw Wilbur hurry back over to the desk and mess around with a few buttons,

Desperately taking in deep breaths, he walked over and sat back down on the office chair.

"I think you should take the cameras," Eret laughed uncertainly, edging away from the monitors. "That was really freaky..."

"I don't think I wanna do it either," Wilbur said nervously. Eret stared at him, long enough for him to nod and quickly take over the cameras.

1am

"To be honest, this is probably one of the most boring jobs to write about," Wilbur commented. Eret whipped around in their chair to look at him.

"What?" Eret demanded.

"Huh?"

"What'd you say?"

Wilbur hummed softly to himself, "nothing. All I'm saying is that this place is LITERALLY one of the most boring jobs I've ever signed up for."

Eret narrowed their eyes at Wilbur, nodding slowly. They should really have a better selection in who they considered friends.

The two of them switched places, allowing Wilbur to take over the monitors.