Chapter 4 - Static

....
"there's nothing left here."

Sapnap's POV
12am

"Oh, never more have I wanted to punch somebody," Sapnap muttered to himself, spinning in the office chair.

George hadn't come with him tonight. The doctor strictly ordered that he stayed home tonight, which was alarming.

So it was only him tonight. He hadn't wanted to invite Dream, as much as he loved his friend. He had a feeling that Dream wouldn't do well in the pizzeria.

He tried to switch the monitor on, but as he did, the camera just cut to static. Sapnap jolted up, staring at the monitor.

He flicked it on and off again, but it just stayed static.

"Oh great," Sapnap groaned. "Cameras out."

He grabbed his flashlight, peeking down the hallway. Surprisingly, nobody had come to the office yet.

Confused, he checked the time. It was midnight. He expected at least Bonnie to be up and about.

Sapnap took a wary step into the hall, walking down to the Dining Room. He pointed his flashlight at the stage. Everybody was still there.

1am

"What in the hell?" Sapnap muttered to himself, backing up. He hurried back down to the office, anxious.

He skidded to a stop once he was inside the office. Something seemed off. Sapnap looked outside of his office, staring at the poster.

Instead of Freddy Fazbear, there was a golden bear.

The static that echoed in the back of his mind suddenly spiked up in volume. He flinched, clutching his head with both hands, slamming his eyes shut.

Sapnap heard laughter. It sounded like a little girl laughing at him. He opened his eyes, looking at the poster again.

Everything went dark.

2pm, 1997

George looked up at the tall, tall animatronics. He smiled. These animatronics brought him so much joy.

"Hey, little guy," somebody said. He turned around, looking up at the person.

"Hi there!" George greeted. The man wore a purple outfit, and he guessed that he was a worker at the pizzeria.

"Who's your favorite animatronic?" The man asked, sounding friendly.

"I like Freddy," George answered honestly, looking up at the tall, brown bear.

"Ooh," the worker said. "My personal favorite is Fredbear."

"Fredbear?" George echoed.

"You might know her as Golden Freddy," the worker hummed.

"Is that like.. the premium version of Freddy?" George tilted his head. The worker wheezed, sounding genuinely amused.

"I guess you could say that," the worker said after a moment. He smiled down at young George. "Do you wanna meet Freddy up close?"

George gasped, eyes lighting up. "Yes! Yes yes!" He cheered.

The worker smiled. "Follow me."