0.3 Chapter 7 - Apologies

"George, wake up~"

...
"George?"
...
"Oh dammit he's asleep."
...
"He won't wake up."

George's POV
The animatronic male powered himself on, deciding to awake from his dormant state. He'd had quite a bit of a break, he felt much more calm.

George straightened himself up and glanced around the dimly lit room, shadows pressing around every corner. He hummed softly, letting his systems readjust to his surroundings as he walked over and flicked on the light switch.

The lights within the room blazed to life, illuminating his work space. Not knowing what else to do and not wanting to bother the others, he went and sat at his desk, pulling out the memory book.

He had to back track a bit since restarting after being off for a bit could mess with his memory a bit.

While reading, he heard the door slam open. He nearly fell out of his chair as he turned around quickly, alarmed.

"Techno?" The man called anxiously. George squinted at him before realizing it was Bad.

Bad seemed to notice him, because he went silent before ducking out of the room again with a worried expression.

Okay, I deserve that, George thought, bookmarking his spot in the book and tucking it back in its hiding spot.

He stood up and hesitantly walked over to the door, putting his hand on the handle and turning.

Bad was waiting outside with his hands in his pocket. He perked up when George opened the door.

"You can come in," George said awkwardly after moment, backtracking into the room.

"Oh. Yeah! Of course," Bad nodded, making George wince.

"Hey uh, sorry about a few days ago," George said genuinely. Bad was silent, looking thoughtful, which definitely didn't help.

Bad sighed, surprising George. "It's okay, honestly," he said with a gentle smile.

He tilted his head toward the other door, which led out to storage and the alleyway. George followed his gaze, a bit confused, but he was relieved that Bad accepted his apology.

"It's been so long since I had been yelled at like that," Bad admitted, his voice quiet. "I never really went to therapy for what happened, mostly because I'd probably be arrested."

George laughed nervously. "Not the best idea, then. Don't wanna break you out of prison."

Bad also laughed a bit, which was a good sign. His smile faded shortly after, though.

"I know it wasn't technically your fault," Bad said, tilting his head toward George. "I know you've gone through some things and I know we both dealt with Dream, even if it were in different ways."

George opened his mouth to talk, but closed it. Bad was right. He had never assumed he had problems he had to work out. Maybe he  had subconsciously tried to drown it out by starting this new pizzeria.

The male animatronic leaned against the wall, feeling a bit better.

"I guess so," George shrugged slightly. After a few seconds of thinking, he glanced up. "Do... Do you regret your time working with Dream?"

Bad, surprisingly, shook his head. "I regret what I did, sure, but I still had good times with everyone. I wouldn't be here right now if I didn't."

George nodded slowly, kind of understanding. He didn't know how Bad hadn't quit the company already, with everything that had happened.

His friend started toward the back door, slipping through. George followed him, confused.

"I've been looking for Techno and Eret, I wanted to give them both an official tour," Bad explained. "I haven't seen either of them since last night."

That was definitely worrying, especially with everything that had happened in the last few weeks.

"Let's check around," George suggested. "And thanks for forgiving me. I won't let it happened again."

Bad gave him a thumbs up and continued down the hall toward the alley way. George smiled in relief and turned back to go search the other parts of the pizzeria.

0.3

A/N
Sorry its short D: just a little filler chapter for yall ig👍