0.3 Chapter 12 - Together At Last

TW// death
Sapnap's POV
His eyes blurry from the smoke and breathing being a challenge, Sapnap forced himself to stay on his feet no matter the circumstances. No matter that be a fire, their friends dead bodies, or their psychopathic murderous friend.

"Why are you so defensive? It's only me," Dream said warmly, fanning his hands out.

"First, you're holding a knife," George said carefully. Dream dropped the knife on the pavement awkwardly. "Second, you're covered in blood."

"Oh come on now," Dream said, his smile dropping into a frown. "I didn't just kill everyone relevant just for you to be scared of me. Aren't we friends?"

"I remember everything," George said, tilting his head down a bit. Dream let out a heavy sigh.

"I thought Punz fixed that," he groaned. "To bad I killed him. He was surprisingly good at fighting, by the way."

George visibly shrunk back. Sapnap glanced between the two of them, uncertain. Dream reached into his front pocket and pulled out a little note, before humming with a sly smile.

"You know what I've discovered?" Dream asked them. Before giving either of them a chance to respond, he continued. "I found out that death is so much better than being alive. That's why I haven't let this body crumple into dust!"

"To kill everyone?" Sapnap shouted back. Dream hummed thoughtfully, and then to Sapnap's alarm he shrugged.

George put his hand on Sapnap's shoulder. "So what? You're gonna let us leave? That doesn't seem likely, Dream."

"Oh no no, I'm definitely gonna kill Sapnap," Dream said, signalling to him. Sapnap took a nervous step back, glancing at the burning building. "You.. I don't know how I would. Sapnap never told me how those souls escaped the suits."

Dream bent down, picking up his bloodied and used knife. Sapnap tensed his shoulders.

"But I can figure that out later," the man hummed casually. "I have nothing else to do. Trying to bring back Drista never worked. Grian's gone, Punz and Bad are dead, Ranboo's still decaying probably, I can never get rid of Tubbo. It's a nonstop cycle of death."

He took a few steps toward the two of them. George suddenly went still, the light in his eyes dying down. Sapnap whipped around to face his friend, eyes wide.

"What did you just do?" He demanded, shaking George's shoulder. "Why is he off?"

"That doesn't matter," Dream said simply. Sapnap backed away as he approached. "And don't try to run. You have nowhere else to go. All your friends are dead."

Suddenly he was on the ground, Dream on top of him with a knife in hand, arm raised.

"You've lost."

There was a sharp pain in his throat, and everything went black.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

  "Hey Dream," the smaller Tubbo asked quietly, peaking into the room. The older male turned towards the child with a casual frown.

"Hm?" He answered.

"Is Drista awake?" He asked nervously. Dream sighed, turning away.

"No. She isn't. But if she doesn't wake up I have a plan to fix everything," Dream said with a smile. Tubbo tilted his head curiously, but nodded.

"Oki. Let me know if she wakes up!" He scurried away. Dream nodded, not responding vocally.

.
.
.
.
.
.

"Big brother!" Drista announced, running into his room and wrapping her arms around his neck in a hug.

Dream untangled her and scooted himself to face her with a genuine smile.

"Hi!" He greeted.

"Mommy says I not.. don't rightly process things right," Drista said with wide eyes. Dream bit his tongue worriedly, anxiety pushing through his chest.

However he only laughed it off. "You're perfect the way you are," he promised. "Even if you aren't socially acceptable by some."

Drista grinned, giving Dream a guilty twist in his stomach for some reason. "Yay! Thank youuu! I'm gonna go ask Daddy for dinner!"

Dream tilted his head thoughtfully, then pointed out, "isn't he still at work?"

"NO," Drista shouted, making him jump. "I want pizza!"

"You're giving me aggressive dangerous animatronic pizzeria flashbacks," Dream said flatly. He gently scooted her away. "Shoo. I'm planning. Mom has something planned for dinner tonight I think. Ask her."

"Okay! Bye big brother!" Drista waved, running out of the room with unbelievable energy.

"Love you," he called after her. Dream turned back to his sketches and plans, muttering softly to himself. "I'll fix you and then Dad will regret abandoning the project."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Dream?" Mother asked, poking her head into the room. Dream buried his face into his pillow. "Have you seen Drista? I can't find her. William said she wandered off at the pizzeria."

"That's strange, I haven't seen her," Dream lied, glancing up to his mom. "I'm sorry."

Mother sighed sadly. "It's okay. I'm just worried."

"I am too," Dream agreed as she walked away. He deflated, glancing away from the door way. "I am too."

0.3