Chapter Twenty-One

Happy Easter, every bunny! 🐰🤍✝️
I hope you've all enjoyed this lovely Sunday with those you love most. For my gift to you, here is Chapter Twenty- One of Crucio!

_____________________________

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Thursday, 11th of March, 2020

"I specifically asked you two to leave and once Jenna was with you, not to come back." Lucius paced back and forth. "Correct?"

  The disgruntled group before him stared blankly at the wall. His sarcastic daughter not muttering a word. Draco, who in the past voiced his issues on matters, twiddled his thumbs. All of them soaked to the bone from the storm. Jenna had minor injuries. A deep scratch on her cheek, a couple of places on her body would likely bruise and ache over the next couple of days. His son was covered in cinders from the fireplace but seemed to be fine. Elliot— who Lucius was not really concerned about, was somehow left unscathed.

"This is probably the most foolish thing I have ever witnessed from you lot." Abraxas slammed the bottom of his cane against the floor. "Do you have any idea-."

"In our defense," Jenna began, she stopped as Cygnus shot her a glare. Gulping, "never mind."

"Get out of my sight!" Cygnus bellowed. "And get out of those clothes. You're all making everything wet."

All three children scurried out of the room, nearly knocking one another down. Lucius and Cygnus both thought it would have been a hilarious sight had it not been for the situation. The elves, that were left, continued to clean the destruction and mess. Jenna glanced one last time at the distraught Cygnus before walking to her room. Biting her lip, she tried to keep her tears at bay as the events from tonight played through her mind. Making it up to her room, she shut the door gently. The quiet being too much to bare. Slowly, she sank to the ground leaning against the door for support. Her sobs echoing in the silent room.

________________________________
Diagon Alley
Date: 25th of December, 2015

"Jen, hurry up." Elliot cried out.

The younger girl stopped in the middle of the busy pathway, amazed. Her eyes sparkling with wonderment. Mrs. Weasley laughed and reached for her small hand, walking with her as a way not to lose the child. The Wizarding World was unlike anything Jenna and Elliot had seen. At the age of eleven that wasn't a lot, but Molly and Arthur had promised to change that.

"What do you think?" Arthur's goofy smile was hurting his face. "It's quite the secret, isn't it?" The look on Jenna and Elliot's faces made his heart explode with happiness.

"It's extraordinary." Jenna gawked as they passed the latest broomstick model. The Nimbus 2016 was zooming around its display.

Elliot watched a wizard perform a magical display of fireworks above Gringotts bank. "What she said." His ocean colored eyes tearing up with excitement.

Jenna pulled her coat tighter around her body. Molly and Arthur were working on a group system so that everyone could see what they wanted. She couldn't help but wander around to look through store windows. Her reflection filled her vision. 'Mione had done her hair in perfect ringlets, allowing them to flow down her back like a chocolate waterfall. She wore light-colored jeans with a pink balloon-sleeved sweater tucked into it, her white converse making it more causal.

"Jen, let's go." Elliot grabbed her hand and pulled her away from the enchanted window. "We're going to Flourish and Blotts because I know you can spend hours in there and be happy."

The younger girl rolled her eyes, "We're only here for a couple of hours anyway. Sirius said to be at Grimmauld Place by 3."

They grew silent as they walked in. It was a cozy environment to be in. A fire was crackling, a wand was levitating midair putting books away, and the smell of vanilla and caramel filled the air. Jenna and Elliot headed in separate directions. Elliot toward spell books and Jenna toward the history section. She slowly walked up the spiral staircase, taking in the sights of the store. It was unique and unexpected. Unlike every muggle book shop, she had been in.

The nearest shelf held a book that caught her eye. On the top section held a hard covered book, the background a shade of emerald green with silver detailing. It wasn't anything like the boring, plain covered books it was resting next to. Just as she began to reach for it another hand touched hers.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Jenna turned to face the person and felt her eyes grow wide.

Before her stood one of the most beautiful women she had ever met. Her dark and light hair was curled nicely, some of it twisted back. She wore emerald-colored robes with a matching cloak. The cloak was sprinkled with a bit of jewel lining along the collar making it look more pricey than it probably was. The older woman had paler skin, more so than Mrs. Weasley, was on the tall and skinny side. She looked as if she wanted to say something, but held her tongue.

"You can have it." Jenna reached for the book and offered it to the older woman. "It just looked-."

"Beautiful." The older woman finished. Jenna noted that she sounded taken aback.

"Yes," she smiled. "The detail of it caught my eye." Jenna turned the book in her hands. "The History of One of Hogwarts Greatest Founders, Salazar Slytherin."

"I've never seen you before." The woman spoke up. "What's your name?" Her blood-red lips curled into a smirk revealing dimples that were similar to Jenna's.

Jenna smiled as well, "Jenna DuBaer. I'm here visiting."

"Of course," the woman said. "It sounds French, do you know the language?"

"Oui, madame." Jenna answered. "légèrement. However, it's not my first language."

"How rude of me, I'm Narcissa." The woman smiled, only slightly warmer than she had before.

Jenna thought, "We've never met?" She watched Narcissa shake her head. "Oh, it's just odd because you seem familiar."

"Must be one of those faces," Narcissa said, she gripped Jenna's hand that held the book. "You will love it."

She watched as Jenna walked away. Her eyes glued to her everywhere she went. A young boy was with her as well he watched her every move. As if he had to protect her anything that walked by. The pair left a few moments after wandering the entire shop. Narcissa felt an empty place in her heartache. The feeling she had when touching hands with the girl had yet to go away.

"Mother, are you ready?" Draco's voice broke her from her thought."

Narcissa cleared her throat, "Yes, let's go home, shall we?" Despite his pleas, Narcissa held Draco's hand until they arrived in the nearest Floo. She stepped in and with great distress shouted, "Malfoy Manor!"