Chapter Forty-Six

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Tuesday, 28th of April 2020

The clock struck midnight at Malfoy Manor. Cygnus had placed Jenna on the ground in the garden, next to the lake. It had been her favorite spot. She was under the stars and moon against the soft grass. Anita had gotten the stain out of her dress and placed her wand in her hands. Her granddaughter looked like a goddess of some sort. Everyone knew that night was her favorite. She was at peace.

"She told us this would happen," Draco said.

Elliot shook his head, "Now isn't the time, Draco. Your parents can't handle it."

"I'll show you later," he grumbled. "I'm not crazy."

"No, you're upset because your little sister just died, and you had to watch," Elliot whispered.

  Lucius hushed the pair from his spot behind them. He had calmed down, but his eyes were red with grief. His son was slightly frightened at the sight for he had never seen their father cry.

"They're right," Narcissa said, her voice broken. "She knew this would happen. We tried to turn a blind eye to it and failed."

"Her death wasn't our fault," Lucius assured. "She didn't die in vain either. Arabella died protecting all of us. We will remember for the hero she was."

  Lucius stepped forward and placed a small white rose beside her wand. As he straightened up it began to snow. The small snowflakes fell slowly from the heavens and tickled their eyelashes. Narcissa pulled her cloak tightly around her body as Andy placed her's over Jenna. She didn't want her to be cold.

"It's snowing in April," Anita stated. "Has anyone ever seen this happen?"

"Jenna loved the snow," Elliot said, smiling up at the night sky. "I believe it's a gift from her."

  A tear from Andromeda's cheek fell slowly onto Jenna. It had landed in the same spot her wound had been. The older woman didn't think anything of it and rose to stand by Lucius. A small golden light surrounded Jenna's body, and her body began to levitate. Her aunt's warm cloak slipped from her body and floated back to Andy.

  Jenna's hair began to darken against the moonlight. Her skin grew pale, almost matching the freshly fallen snow. Anita regretted taking off her heels and leaving her feet bare. They must have been freezing. Slowly, she has lowered onto the Earth again. Her body was unmoving.

  Narcissa looked at her and held her breath. Was there hope for her after all? A deep breath came from Jenna's body, and her eyes shot open. Bright blue orbs were staring up at the moon instead of dark ones. A permanent pout was in place of her old lips, and her cheeks were as red as a rose.

"Arabella?" Druella asked. Everyone looked on with surprise. She was dead, wasn't she?

"Their mission," Jenna's voice was slightly deeper. It reminded them of Narcissa's. "was to kill Arabella Malfoy. They killed Jenna DuBaer,"

"I love magic!" Elliot pulled her into a bone-crushing hug. "You are Arabella Malfoy now, so do be careful from here on out,"

  Narcissa broke into a fit of sobs and ran to her daughter. Her salty tears landed in Jenna's long curls. The scent of them reminded her of roses during a storm. Lucius came from beside her and pulled them both into a hug. He wasn't crying anymore. Instead, he was laughing.

"You would do something like this," he kissed Narcissa's head and smiled down at Jenna. "It's good to see those eyes on you again."

"Really? I thought it was good to see her not dead," Anita laughed and helped Jenna from the ground. "I am glad you've returned, Arabella."

"Well, being rather specific is the first thing we witches learn. I assume Melissa, Peter, and Oliver skipped past that part in their magical lessons."

Draco came toward her and lifted her from the ground. She let out a surprised shriek, the hugged him back. They had been through so much today. He deserved a hug and so did she.

"I'm sorry I couldn't get to you."

"It's fine," Jenna giggled. "It worked out,"

  Cygnus stepped forward and looked her up and down. She no longer resembled Bellatrix in the way she once did. Jenna looked like his Cissa.

"Look at you, Cosette. You've grown up a little," he pulled her into a warm hug and allowed her to kiss his cheek.

"Thank you for everything. I'm so thankful for all of you."

"Does this mean you will stay? Your job with the ministry is almost up." Anita asked.

Jenna shook her head, "I love it here, and I will make visits. I have a life and plan back home. I have someone who knows of magic that I can stay with."

"Are you sure?" asked Druella. They all knew not to put up a fight. Jenna had made up her mind, and that was final.

She hugged Cygnus again, "I think so. I plan on visiting a lot, so please don't be upset," Jenna beamed at all of them. They couldn't be angry.

"We could never be with you, Cosette."

_________________________________
DuBaer Residence
AutumnWood, MO
Date: Sunday, 21st of November, 2021

Jenna slammed her computer shut and stretched out against her mattress. It was grueling, but her essay for English Composition was done. For the past year, everything has been well. She was a part of a loving family, on both ends. Her grades were good, and all was right in the world.

A knock on her window snapped her out of her thoughts. A white snow owl was resting on her balcony, staring at her with wide eyes. She laughed and let her in.

The owl dropped a letter in her lap and waited on her desk. Her eyebrow arched at the sight of the Malfoy seal on the envelope. Why were her parents writing this late at night?
_________________________________

Jenna DuBaer,
You are cordially invited to the wedding of Lucius Malfoy and Sabrina Zabini on the Friday, 23rd of December, 2021

_______________________________

"Athena, did you know about this?" The owl hooted in response. "Of course you didn't."

_______________________________

Jenna,

It has been a while since you've come home, almost one year to be exact. A lot can happen in a short amount of time. You need to return home at once. Father asked Mother for an annulment. I know the news must be shocking, but you needed to know.

However, I am writing you to let you know that our father is marrying Sabrina Zabini. Yes, my best friend's mother. It is sudden and suspicious. Elliot and I need you to return home and help us investigate.

~ love, Drake

P.S. the wedding shower is this weekend. Come home before then.

"Well, Athena, it's time to crash a wedding."

~fin~

Amortentia is out now!
[Book 2]
Lucius and Narcissa centric.

🎉 You've finished reading [̲̅C̲̅] [̲̅R̲̅] [̲̅U̲̅] [̲̅C̲̅] [̲̅I̲̅] [̲̅O̲̅]; a Malfoy family novel 🎉