Chapter Four

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Wednesday, 27 April 2004

Lucius Malfoy paced back and forth. The nerves in his stomach unsettling. Narcissa was currently in labor with their second son and it didn't sound like it was going well. It had been a struggle for them this time around. Before Draco's birth over two years ago and this birth, he and his wife had lost five children. Three miscarriages and two stillbirths. All had been hard on him and Narcissa. You could only imagine the celebrations when they got past a certain point with this child.

"Lucius! Sit down before you pace a hole in the floor." Abraxas whisper screamed. They were all on strict orders from their wives to be as quiet as possible with Narcissa in labor.

"Lucius, Narcissa is a strong woman. I should know, she's my child. She is strong enough to survive this, as is your son. I promise you everything will be fine." Cygnus Black explained rubbing a sleeping Draco's back.

  Lucius, in awe of how nice his father-in-law was being, couldn't find the right words to respond with.  Narcissa has been pregnant a total of seven times now and she had survived them all. She will survive, he was sure of it. Now, all he had to do was not get his hopes up over the baby. He was brought back into reality when his bedroom door open. His mother stood in the doorway, her expression unreadable.

"Anita?" Abraxas asked. All of the men heard nothing. It was silent. It frightened them a little, even though you couldn't tell and they would never admit it.

"All of you may come in. Leave Draco, he looks peaceful." She went back into the room. The men followed, Cygnus doing as requested and leaving two-year-old Draco to lay in the chaise. They followed in a line and remained that way until they saw Narcissa sitting up in bed with a baby lying against her chest. She looked tired but happy, smiling at everyone in the room.

Druella was the first to break the silence, "Lucius, come over here and meet your daughter."

  Lucius gasped quietly and looked at Narcissa. She wasn't smiling anymore. As a matter of fact, she looked scared. He walked toward her slowly and she placed the baby gently into his arms. His daughter had a small button nose, and a head full of dark brown curls, something she had inherited from the Blacks.

"She's beautiful, Cissa." He answered smiling. He saw his wife smile and relax slightly. Narcissa leaned against him as he sat down beside her. Their parents finding places to sit so that they too could see the first Malfoy daughter born in generations.

"What are you going to name her?" Anita asked, finally being able to hold her granddaughter.

"Well, I loved Arabella as a name but Lucius loved Cosette. If we are to follow tradition, her middle name would be my name." Narcissa explained.

Lucius thought for a moment, "Arabella Narcissa Cosette Malfoy. A beautiful, yet a regal name for a beautiful princess."  Narcissa smiled and nodded in agreement.

Anita looked down and kissed her granddaughter's head, "Welcome to the world, sweet Arabella."

_______________________________

The Burrow
Date: Monday, 10 February 2020

The room was silent and it felt as if time had stood still. Jenna's hands were shaking so rapidly that she had dropped the dreadful envelope. Elliot stood in shock as well. They all had thought that none of them would be given the Malfoy family due to the unfortunate past they all had with them.

"Jenna, I'm-I'm sorry," Harry began. Jenna shook her head. Everyone had known about what had happened to Jenna and Hermione at Malfoy Manor that dreadful day.

"It's okay. I mean it's not as if she'll say anything to me. Who knows what they're going through? I mean none of them are allowed to have magic. What is there to fear?" Jenna asked, her voice shaking only slightly.

"How long do you all have to stay?" Molly asked trying to change the subject.

"Harry and I have to stay for five days," Ron answered.

"One week," Hermione said, looking at her envelope again to make sure she was correct.

"I have to stay for exactly ten days due to the fact that Nott was still heavily involved with the Death Eaters," Ginny explained.

"We have to stay for two months," Elliot answered. Jenna's eyes were now the size of golf balls. Two whole month with the Malfoys and not just the Malfoys she had come to know, but their parents as well? That was too much, even for the Ministry.

"Jenna, it says that you two have to leave today," Hermione said glancing at the invitation. Jenna nodded her head and waved her hand, disappearing in a cloud of black smoke. No one spoke for no one knew what to say. Although they all knew that there was nothing they could possibly say to make her feel better.

"I should probably go too," Elliot said. A loud pop echoed throughout the Burrow as he apparated away.

_____________________________

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Friday, 10 February 2020

  Jenna and Elliot appeared outside of Malfoy Manor only minutes later. Jenna accidentally lost her balance and fell into the dirt. She fully regretted wearing black jeans right now. Elliot regained his composure when it felt like his stomach wasn't outside of his body and helped her up.

  Jenna turned and dusted herself off, pushing a piece of hair, that fell from her low messy bun, back behind her ear. She was dressed in black skinny jeans, a white v-neck shirt which was tucked a tiny bit into the front of her jeans, a blue jean jacket, and grey Vans. The scent of her apple perfume filled the air. They both had turned towards the manor's gates.

"Has it always looked so creepy?" Elliot asked.

"I don't think creepy justifies it." Jenna mumbled.

  They began the journey towards the Manor eyeing the garden and the peacocks on the way. Jenna took a deep breath and continued walking towards the front door, pushing away the dark memories that began to resurface. When she was pulled from her trance, she and Elliot were at the door. Jenna took another breath, raised her fist, and knocked.