Chapter Twenty-Eight

St. Mungos Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries
London, England
Date: Saturday, 4th of April, 2020

"What's coming will come and we'll face it when it does."
~ Rubeus Hagrid

"~ Rubeus Hagrid

"Miss. DuBaer."

  Jenna groaned and clenched her eyes tightly shut. The masculine voice was echoing in her ears. Her head was throbbing against the cool pillow. Shifting around, she could tell that she wasn't in her bed at Malfoy Manor.  Her eyes opened slowly in fear that the bright lights would strain them. Blinking, they were out of focus for only a few moments.

  Elliot sat to her left, holding her hand tightly. His blue eyes were wide with fear and concern. Looking to her right, she saw Draco in the bed beside her, still unconscious. The soaked pajamas she had remembered being in were exchanged with a simple cloth nightdress. Something she always hated about hospitals.

"Miss. DuBaer." Her eyes refocused on the doctor that was in front of her. His bald head reflecting the light into her eyes a little. "Miss. DuBaer, do you know what day it is?"

  Jenna went to respond but felt that she couldn't. Her face was filled with worry. Her mouth was hanging open but no sound was coming out of it. The doctor smiled warmly, and a quill that was next to him wrote something on the roll of parchment. Elliot's grip on her hand tightened, but she didn't know if it was out of comfort or fear.

"Nothing is the matter, Miss. DuBaer." The doctor reassured. "It's a spell we put on you to make sure you would rest. I was trying to see if it had lifted on its own yet." He silently waved his wand and Jenna felt a weight of pressure leave her body.

A gasp, "April 4th, 2020. Today should be Saturday." Her voice was raspy. The doctor and Elliot chuckled lightly.

"Thank you, Miss. DuBaer. You all gave us quite the scare." He smiled warmly. "If you'll excuse me, Mr. Malfoy informed me to tell him when you were awake." The healer silently left the room.

"So, Narcissa is alright?" She turned to Elliot, who nodded his head. "That's good." She rested her head back on the pillows.

"Molly and Arthur wanted to come," Elliot said. "I told them that I would see what was going on. Now is not the time for him and Lucius to be fighting."

"Speaking of, where are—." Her voice cut out and she couldn't finish the sentence. Reaching for a glass of water, the coolness felt refreshing against her sore throat. "Lucius and the others." She managed.

"They're all with Narcissa. It wasn't looking good for a while." Elliot explained. "They were infected with very little doses of the poison. It didn't affect them the way it affected the two of you."