Chapter Twelve

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Wednesday, 12 February 2020

"One of the hardest things to deal with is secretly being in love with your best friend. Especially, when you both love one another back."
___________________________

  Jenna couldn't use her magic. Her magic always got her through anything and everything. She couldn't get the look Narcissa Malfoy had on her face out of her head when Draco had told them about Arabella. The look of sheer pain and how her eyes had glassed over. Lucius had gone soft and held Narcissa's hand. It had been the first affectionate thing she had seen them do since she had arrived at Malfoy Manor. She felt Druella's grip on her tighten. From the looks of the memory, she and Arabella Malfoy would be the same age. She knew Druella was probably reflecting her feelings onto her.

"Why can't you use it?" Elliot asked breaking her thoughts.

"I can feel myself getting stronger. It scares me, Elliot." She explained. Elliot gave her an empathetic look and nodded.

"Jen, nothing is going to happen to you. I promise. You know I would never let that happen. Maybe, there is something we could do to stop your magic from getting stronger." He suggested.

Jenna sighed. She knew he was trying. He rested his hand on hers and she tried to ignore all of the butterflies that were in her stomach. This was Elliot, she couldn't feel like this. He had been her best friend since they were five. Never mind the fact that he was tall, had beautiful blue eyes, had curly, messy, light brown hair. He was absolutely beautiful to her. Perfect in her eyes. He also had magic, so, she could be herself around him. She also felt tired and yawned.

"I'll let you rest. I'm going to go check on Lucius and Narcissa. Maybe the grandparents I don't really know about them yet. They don't rub me the right way." Elliot rambled. Jenna laughed knowing he always got that way when she was sick.

"Go check on all of them." She mumbled before turning on her side. Elliot stared at her for a few more minutes before leaving her room.

  Elliot had liked Jenna for a couple of years now. He might even go as far as saying he was in love with her. But she didn't need to know that unless she felt the same way. If she didn't things would never be the same between the two of them. He was so lost in thought that he had nearly run into a house elf. The poor thing was tuckered down and shaking. With a rub on the head, it relaxed and went back to work.

"Mr. Williams, what do we owe the pleasure?" Asked Cygnus Black. It made sense for Elliot to check on the Blacks first since they were closest to his and Jenna's rooms.

"Jenna and I just wanted to check on you and Mrs. Black. How are you two?" Elliot asked taking a seat next to the fireplace. Both adults froze and Elliot suddenly felt cold.

"We just found out our granddaughter, whom we did not know was even still alive, is going to die when she turns sixteen," Druella said her voice cracking her still firm. Anita and Abraxas walked into the room as well. Probably, an attempt to do the same thing.

"Mr. Williams." Anita acknowledged with a small smile. He smiled back and awkwardly leaned against the chair.

"Jenna and I just want you to know that while we're here we are going to do everything we can to help you find her."

"You'll be here until her sixteenth birthday. One would hope the two of you would offer to help." Abraxas nearly screamed at him.

"When's her birthday? It wouldn't hurt to start finding details out so we can start searching."

"Twenty-seventh of April, 2004," Anita answered before Abraxas could say anything else to scare Elliot. Elliot's eyes nearly popped out of his head.

"What?" Cygnus asked.

"Nothing. It's just...it's just that, that's Jenna's birthday too. Not to mention she can also do magic which that shouldn't matter because everyone in this house can. Also, her adoptive parents-."" Elliot started to ramble. Anita put her hand in his arm to stop him and calm him down. He looked into her bright green eyes and felt peace.

"So, her parents aren't really her parents?" Cygnus asked. Elliot looked down and nodded. He didn't mean to spill Jenna's secret.

"The American doesn't have parents. That's rather...interesting." Abraxas stated.

"She has Narcissa's dimples," Anita added. Everyone looked in her direction shocked. None of them had taken enough time to notice the girl's smile.

"From what we saw in the picture, your granddaughter had dark brown, curly hair. Jenna's is dark brown but she always has it up. I have no idea if it's curly or not." Elliot explained.

"Her eyes are nearly black," stated Abraxas in an appalled tone. "She's also nearly two feet tall. No one in this family is that small."

"By Merlin, Abraxas, have you not noticed how short Druella is after all of these years," Cygnus said attempting to ignore the glare his wife was sending his way.

"Why have you been so quiet?" Anita asked Druella. She had gone the whole discussion without seeing anything. Druella looked pale but took a deep breath as if preparing herself for something.

"Bella had made Narcissa plant a muggle, non-cultural, plant in her garden before she passed away. It was called a "Black-eyed Susan". She explained to Cissa that they would bring her happiness and be a key." Druella said playing with her wedding ring.

"Those are a native flower in Missouri. That's the state where Jenna and I are from." Elliot stated in disbelief.

Abraxas gasped, "She has a glamour on her."

"We have to tell them!" Cygnus declared. Druella put a hand on his chest and shook her head.

"We can't tell them without having proof. I wouldn't want to upset Draco or Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy. Plus, Jenna has tried looking for her parents before and it never ended how she wanted it to. She doesn't take it well. We should not tell her before having as much proof as possible." Elliot explained.

"So, we've all agreed?" Anita asked.

"Nothing leaves this room."

_____________________________

"Nothing leaves this room."

  Draco couldn't believe that they all thought they could keep this from him and his parents. He slowly pieced together everything he knew, saw, and heard about Jenna. The details made sense. How Druella thought she looked like his aunt. How he could see his mother a little in her. She had the famous Black temper. Her birthday matched his new sister's. Everything made perfect sense and fell into place. Now they all just had to prove it.