Chapter Three

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Monday, 10 February 2020

  Narcissa Malfoy had always been a proud woman. She came from one of the oldest, purest, and richest families the wizarding world has ever seen. Always envied, Narcissa was tall, skinny, had beautiful, clear blue eyes, long, shiny blonde and brunette curls for hair, and the most beautiful but very pale complexion anyone has ever seen. She had a perfect life. The perfect family, a handsome husband, a handsome son, and a beautiful daughter. Well, used to have a beautiful daughter.

  The perfect family and lifestyle that everyone envied were gone. No one envies you when your husband and son were Death Eaters. No one envies you when you have been sentenced to five years of house arrest,  your husband and son having been sentenced to ten. One of the things that nearly ended them all was the no magic sentence they had been given.

Draco, however, was allowed to go back and finish his final year of Hogwarts. The year had been cut short due to the fact that the last school year was cut straight in the middle. He finished second in his class, right after Hermione Granger, of course. She and Lucius had been able to attend the graduation. They dared the Ministry to tell them they couldn't. Her and Lucius also had not been getting along lately but that was one of the few things they had agreed on.

"Narcissa." Anita Malfoy called out. Narcissa was broken from her thoughts instantly. She rolled over and buried herself deeper into the blankets.

"Oh, how the mighty have fallen." Narcissa didn't hear her mother-in-law enter the room or hear her take off her shoes to get into bed with her. She only knew Anita was in the bed when she felt her head being lifted up and placed on her lap.

"Narcissa, it's been three months. You have to get out of bed." Her mother-in-law said, playing with her dirty hair. Narcissa let another tear run down her cheek. The death of her "only sister" had taken a toll on her as had everything else. Not to mention that in a little more than two months, it would be fifteen years since she last held her baby girl.

Three months ago, the decision had been made about the Malfoy's fate. No Azkaban, thank Merlin. Narcissa still couldn't believe it had been nine months since she had lost Bellatrix. Nine months since she lied to the Dark Lord in order to save her and her family. Nine months since she and Lucius were happily married. Even though they lived in fear for two years. Last but not least, it had been nine months since her parents and in-laws had come out of hiding.

"Anita, everything that has happened within the past year has made me come to a realization." Narcissa said quietly. Her voice a little horse.

"What would that be?" Anita asked, her green eyes filled with empathy.

"I want my daughter to come home. I want to know what she looks like. Would she be my little girl or Lucius? She always favored you and I. Would it still be like that?" Narcissa asked, looking up.

"Sweetie, I don't know. None of us know." said Anita, her tone full of regret. "But one thing I am certain of is that she would want you to get out of this bed and face the world. We also have Ministry officials coming today and I know you would not want them to see you like this." Narcissa wiped her tears and nodded in agreement.

"Start by taking a shower. Narcissa, I love you and you are beautiful, but this hair needs to be washed." Anita stated. Anita and Narcissa laughed and moved towards the bathroom.
_____________________________

The Burrow
Date: Monday, 10 February 2020

"Remind me again why we have to do this?" George asked. The Ministry wanted their workers and the living members of the Order of the Phoenix to check in on Death Eaters or members of the dark side. They were all standing there, in the middle of the kitchen holding envelopes, informing them of the family they had been assigned.

"George, the ministry is trying to give them all a second chance. Besides, we don't have to worry about running into the people who did extremely terrible things. They're all dead or in Azkaban." Arthur Weasley explained.

"Like, Bellatrix Lestrange," Harry stated. Everyone looked at Mrs. Weasley with smirks on their faces. It was something that had been terrifying for her, but it was nice to finally be able to joke about it.

"I did what I had to do. Besides, Dad, George, and I will not be partaking in this. Unless one of you needs help, then, we will be partaking in it because no one messes with my chil-." Mrs. Weasley took a deep breath to regain being calm.

"Dren." Percy finished, giving his mum a small smile.

"Alright, Weasleys, open your envelopes." Arthur practically shouted, clapping his hands together. Everyone anxiously tore into their envelopes, all of them holding their breaths.

"Who does everyone have?" George asked.

"We have Stan Shunpike. That shouldn't be too difficult considering he was cursed to join the Death Eaters." Harry answered. The ministry had paired him and Ron together. It could end very badly or be surprisingly good. He and Ron had never been left unsupervised for certain reasons.

Hermione took a deep breath and turned her envelope over, "I have Pius Thicknesse. Same situation as Stan. This shouldn't be too difficult for me to handle by myself."

"I have Nott. I was a better wizard than him at ten. I will be fine." Ginny, who returned only moments ago, explained. Mrs. Weasley smiled proudly at her daughter and pulled her into a hug.

Jenna stood there in shock. Her stomach had dropped when she read the name that was written in golden cursive. Her and Elliot were assigned together, so, it will not be too terrible. But her memories in this family's house did not do them justice. She also didn't know if she had mastered her PTSD enough for this.

"Jenna and I have been assigned together," Elliot answered. The Weasley's smiled, knowing that the pair truly worked well together and protected one another.

"Who were you two assigned?" Hermione asked. Jenna looked up and everyone stood shocked at how pale she now looked.

"The Malfoy and Black Family."