Chapter Twenty-Seven

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Early hours of Saturday, 4th of April, 2020

Malfoy ManorWiltshire, England Date: Early hours of Saturday, 4th of April, 2020

A great fog settles over the garden. The sun that had been out for days was currently nowhere to be seen. There was no light, rain, nor snow. Just fog as far as the eye could see. It felt as if something dark was haunting the family. Everyone had felt uneasy lately. The fog creating an unfriendly environment for them. Jenna tried to keep the mood positive and cheerful. Yet, the more it inched closer toward April 27th, the harder it got.

She slept quietly in her empty room. A soft periwinkle blanket messily covering her body. Her dark hair was sprawled out across the silk pillow, her breathing steady. For a moment, the young girl felt peace for the first time in ages. Nothing awful had happened to any of them for a while. However; that fact was about to change.

The dark figure made all of these observations from the chair in the corner. He never assumed Lucius and Narcissa would leave the girl unattended. Here she was, as unprotected as the night they took her. There would be none of that tonight. No, no, he was a firm believer that history would never repeat itself. The thought of harm and pain that was caused by hurting those close to her brought a sadistic smile to his face. Yes, Arabella Malfoy was home for good, but how long would that last?

He walked closer to her, tucking a stray hair from her face. The figure leaned down close to her ear and breathed. "Wake up, lost one."

Jenna woke up with a start, her entire body covered with sweat, again. She rubbed her ear disgusted, the dream seemed so real. His warm breath still lingering on her ear. Once her breathing slowed, she stood from the bed. It was oddly quiet in the manor tonight, even for it being this late at night. She opened her door softly, grimacing as it croaked to life. Draco's room was next to hers, but she could hear him snoring from the doorway.

Elliot was currently spending some time with Molly and Arthur, so she wouldn't worry about him. The twins— George's birthday was three days ago. They both deemed it right to be there for their second family. As, it was their first birthday without Fred. One of them, by ministry rule, had to stay with the Malfoy's. Given, that they were Jenna's family, it was obvious who would be attending.

  Druella and Cygnus had left their door open. The pair soundly asleep in one another's arm. Jenna smiled at the picture before her. It was nice to know they loved one another after all of this time.

Anita was asleep in her room. She still had night terror's from being attacked. Abraxas slept in the room across from it so he could get to her if need be. She watched as Anita's chest slowly rose and fell in rhythm with a ticking clock. Abraxas, unlike the others, was rather creepy. Jenna walked into his room and jumped back in fright. He was propped up on his pillows, his eyes half-open. She had thought he was awake at first but bit back a giggle when he snored loudly.

Shaking her head, she shut the door quietly and headed to the room across from her's. Lucius and Narcissa didn't intentionally choose this room when Narcissa began the remodel. At least, that's what they had told Jenna. She walked in on her tiptoes into their room. The fuzzy fabric of her green, silver and black flannel pajama pants warmed her feet. At first glance, it seemed normal. When she walked closer to the bed she saw that Lucius was still asleep. Her mother, on the other hand, was nowhere in bed.

The sight alarmed Jenna as she looked around the large room. The loo's lights were off and so were the lights to the closet. Not caring, she jumped onto the bed and shook Lucius awake. His large frame not moving for a couple of moments. The younger girl could feel her heart freeze over with fear.

"Lucius!" She shook him violently. "Lucius, you need to wake up!" She flinched as the lights came on. A burning sensation spreading throughout her eyes as they readjusted.

"What are you doing?" Draco cried.

Jenna put her ear to his chest, "He's not waking up, but he's still breathing." She sighed in relief. "I can't find Narcissa." She watched Draco's eyes widen and he quickly ran from the room.

He came back, "None of the other's are either." Draco paced back and forth, then froze. "You can't find mother." The siblings stared at one another for a moment.

"You take the third and second floors." Jenna barked. "I'll take the first and outside." Thunder crackled in the distance. "Of course," She muttered, "it just had to rain." The pair ran out of the room in separate directions. Leaving a group of sleep adults in their wake.

"Narcissa!" Jenna ran down the steps quickly. "Narcissa! If you're playing a joke, it's not funny anymore!"

Deep in her mind, the young girl knew this wasn't the case. Narcissa Malfoy playing any sort of joke didn't fit the persona she portrayed. However, the idea of this night, this moment ending with her coming out from a room or hidden corridor in a fit of giggles would help calm her children.

  She searched everywhere for the older woman. The parlor, the kitchen, Lucius's study, Narcissa's study, the many sitting rooms, and even the drawing-room. A room Jenna had purposefully stayed out of during her time at the manor. Her chest heaved as she glanced around one last time. Her mother was nowhere to be seen.

Rain poured heavily against the glass windows. A sight that wouldn't have worried Jenna had she known where her mother was. Opening the doors to the garden, she looked around the patio hoping Narcissa just needed fresh air. However, this was not the case. She walked further into the garden; her clothes sticking to her body from the storm. Her bare feet nearly sliding out from underneath her.

"Jenna!" Draco called. "She's not in there." He watched her eyes widen. "Start looking!" His voice shook with anxiety.

The brother and sister carefully ran around the wet garden. Jenna used her magic to lift all of the water out of the small pond. She let out a breath of relief as she saw it was empty. Draco ran into the maze and nearly confused every statue for their mother. The both of them met up and agreed to continue their search of the grounds together. Out of the corner of her eye, Jenna was able to see a type of plant that she hadn't seen before.

Draco continued down the path, muttering something about Narcissa's favorite tree. Jenna walked closer to the new plant, a fireball in hand. Using the light the fire gave off, she able to see the plant. Her heart broke at the sight. A single white narcissus plant was planted in a patch of soil. A single white narcissus plant.

"Draco!"

Dropping to her knees, Jenna used her hands to dig through the soil. She cried out for Draco again, but she assumed he was too far away. A scream came from the garden as she saw Narcissa's blood-red nail polish sticking out from the dirt. The more she dug, the more of her mother she saw. Her pale skin, neatly French-plated hair, her silk blue nightdress. Jenna grabbed Narcissa around her chest and pulled her out of the pit.

One last time, "Draco, please!" Her voice was hysterical. Jenna couldn't remember the last time she had cried so much. Her eyes burning from the salt water.

  Narcissa's eyes were closed tightly. Her small lips slightly parted and pale. The lines that were prominent from her glares were no longer there. Her bangs lie flat against her head, Jenna moved them so that she could see if she opened her eyes. The stench of wet soil began to make her nose burn.

The rain poured on the both of them. Narcissa was unmoving. Jenna went to stand up but found that she couldn't. Looking toward the path, she saw that Draco was nowhere to be seen. He had also been gone for too long. Informing her before heading out there that the tree was a mile away. She had been naive to think he wasn't coming because he was "too far". As the fog settled over the manor, she could barely see the open French door.

Jenna reached for her mother's limp hand and held on tightly to it. The auror's would be showing up sometime around 6. They would all be found soon. Her tired body began to relax against the muddy earth. With a sigh, Jenna's dark eyes closed as the rain continued to pour down on her and Narcissa.

"Over here!"