Chapter Ten

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Wednesday, 12th of February 2020

"Lavenders blue, dilly-dilly,
Lavenders green,
When I am king, dilly-dilly,
You shall be my queen."

It had taken a lot of motivation but Jenna finally decided to get ready for the day. Finally, she decided on dark cropped jeans, a black t-shirt, a dark green cardigan, and black vans. She had chosen to wear mascara today and put her hair in its usual low bun. When she finally made her way downstairs Draco was waiting for her.

"Thank Merlin, DuBaer!" He walked up to her fixing his robes. "They're all going ballistic in there," Draco grumbled.

"Why?" Jenna asked wrapping her cardigan tighter around her torso. The cold winter air had started to make its way through the manor. She and Draco made their way down the grand staircase in an attempt to still get to the dining room on time.

"They haven't stopped talking about the other night. My grandfather demands to have his wand back. My grandmothers are both gossiping about Elliot. My parents and Cygnus won't stop talking about how your bogart was nothing." explained Draco. Jenna stopped walking and wore a shocked expression on her face.

Turning to face Draco, she just now realized what the Malfoys had all seen last night. Jenna had a family, but they weren't her real family. Within her fifteen years of life she had been to eight different foster homes. The DuBaers finally adopted her a little over a year ago. Due to all of the bouncing around Jenna had always felt alone. That was her worst fear, being alone. Her being alone was what Draco and his family had seen last night. Not that she wasn't afraid of anything. However, she wouldn't mind them thinking that for a while.

"Do you have something to say?" He asked confused.

"Can we not go in there? Can't we just say that you decided to show Elliot and I around?" asked Jenna. She was desperate not to spend any more time with that family than was deemed necessary. The thought of them trying to ask about last night creeped into her mind. She wasn't going to pour her heart out to them.

"I wouldn't mind that," Elliot stated from behind Jenna. She turned and smiled at her friend whom she had not noticed has been behind them. His big blue eyes were filled with relief at the thought. Draco thought for a moment then, nodded. He knew how his family could be and frankly, he could use a break from them as well.

"We will start down here first," Draco stated in a matter of fact tone. He straightened out his posture then walked ahead of them. A stern facial expression upon his face. Jenna rolled her eyes at the sight of him doing it.

"Some things never change." She thought as she and Elliot walked in sync behind Draco.

  The first floor had entirely been redone. Jenna was proud to see all of the dark colors and artifacts were now gone. It made the manor less haunting in her eyes. Portraits of blonde hair, grey-eyed ancestors lined some of the halls. All tried to spat some unpleasant things at the trio as they passed. Jenna and Elliot had heard worse from Walburga Black. Hopefully, that god awful portrait wouldn't be there after the remodel.

"This is the library. It has spell books dating back to King Arthur's times and of course, Fairy tales, wizard biographies, and no, we do not under any circumstances own a copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard." Draco explained.