Chapter Thirty-Eight

Attina
Date: Friday, April 17th, 2020

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall,
All the king's horses and all the king's men,
Couldn't put Humpty together again."

It's the age-old nursery rhyme that we all know. A person takes a risk, loses their shot, and in the end, can't rely on anyone to save them. No one could put Humpty together again. No one can put you together again. It's cold and dark; I don't know where I am. I feel like poor Humpty. No one can put me together again.

  Jenna looked like a sleeping mermaid. Her hair had grown and was floating around her. Her head was tilted from her laid-back position; her hands reached out limply in front of her.

  This is what war does to people. It takes and it takes until suddenly you're all alone. Sirius wasn't alone when he died, but Ted was. Ted had to take on the snatchers alone. His Hufflepuff heart never stood a chance. He was so kind; his life on the line couldn't make him produce an unforgivable.

  Jenna continued to sink further into the unknown waters. Her rosy cheeks were pale against the blue depths. She was known for her blood-red lips however, they were no longer red. They now match the sparkling blue water that she had fallen in.

  During the years 1692 and 1693, this wouldn't have been possible in the eyes of people without magic. They all believed that witches couldn't sink unless you added weight with stones. Oh, how wrong they were.

"Jenna," there was a ripple in the surface above. Her dark eyes were closed away from the light. A strong hand wrapped around her arm and pulled her away from the dark depths of the sea. "Jenna, I'm sorry."

___________________________________
DuBaer Residence
AutumnWood, MO
Date: Thursday, April 23rd, 2020

  Jenna awoke with a start. She could still feel the water in her lungs. The little Malfoy was suddenly aware that she had no idea how she got out of the water. Her heartfelt like it was going to beat out of her chest. Looking around, she realized it was only midnight. The stars sparkled outside, creating a fairytale scene.

"Jenna," she let out a shriek and threw her pillow.

  Her room was as empty as it had ever been. The curtains along the window swayed with the soft spring breeze. A glass shard reflected the moonlight into her eyes from its spot on the ground.

  Her brow arched with curiosity. She hasn't been in her room in months, yet there was a shard of glass on the floor. Melissa followed the housekeeping around to make sure her house was spotless. No way there would be a shard of glass left behind.

  Throwing the comforter off of her body, Jenna stood from her bed. The fuzzy plaid pajama bottoms she wore pooled at her feet, protecting them against the cold. She grabbed her wand with caution and inched toward the window. After all of this time, it felt odd not to have Elliot by her side. The ghost of his presence lingered behind her as that's where he always stood. Never in front, but close by if needed.

  The tip of her wand was used to move the curtain away from the glass window. Her breath hitched when she saw when fragment missing. There was no way it could be an accident. It was too perfect to have fallen on its own.