Chapter Twenty

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: 27th of April, 2020

  The stone floor was cold against her aching back. Jenna looked over to see him lying next to her. Her vision slowly returned to her as she refocused on her dark surroundings. Salty tears slowly made their way down her face as she cried silently. It couldn't end like this. No one else could die.

All she had to do was free herself. She had survived much worse, this couldn't be bad. Sitting up rather slowly, she surveyed the cellar. If Ron and Harry could find a way to escape so could she. A high-pitched scream erupted through the house. More tears fell down her face as she held in a sob. Her hair sticking to the side of her face.

"Elliot!" She whisper screamed. "Elliot! P-p-plea-se w-w-ake up." Her lip quivered. "Please?"

________________________________

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Wednesday, 10th of March, 2020

Jenna examined herself in the mirror one last time. It was a stupid thing to do. The outfit she had chosen to wear today had been the same outfit she had worn during the war. A pair of black ripped jeans, a dark green sweatshirt, a dark washed denim jacket, paired with a pair of black boots. Something different besides her vans. Deciding it would do, she grabbed her wand and began to walk toward the door.

"Don't let her out of your sight!"

  Jenna stopped dead in her tracks. Blinking for a moment, she thought she had imagined it. That is before she heard the sound of what had to be Narcissa's favorite vase becoming friends with the floor. The young witch tucked her wand up her sleeve and used magic to lock her door. Once the basics were covered, she rolled underneath her large bed.

  The sound of thunder echoed in the distance as rain poured loudly outside. Her balcony doors had been left open indicating that she had indeed been in here. The storm was blocking out the sound of her heavy breathing. She watched with her hand over her mouth as the lock slowly moved back toward the middle. The heavy oak door swung open and hit the wall loudly. Out of instinct, she closed her eyes tightly.

"Jenna," Anita whispered as quietly as possible. "Come out, we must hurry. The others are stalling for now. We have to get you out of here."

  The sound of her grandmother's voice made Jenna relax slightly. Army crawling out from underneath the bed, she greeted Anita with a worried smile. Pushing up, she grabbed Anita's hand and pulled her into a tight hug. Hearing her heart beat wildly in her chest sent a shiver down Jenna's spine. The older woman had been a pillar, unemotional her entire stay at the manor. To see her in the state she was in opened Jenna's eyes to how serious the situation was.

"They cut out all light sources." Anita raised her wand and Jenna saw the small speckle of light coming from the tip. "I have to get you out of here before they find you." She grabbed Jenna's hand and led her to the dark hallway.

  The moon wasn't out. None of the fireplaces in their rooms had been lit. Jenna and Anita could see their breath as they slowly walked down the hall. Fear slowly began to takeover as Jenna had seen Elliot's door was wide open. Her mind shut off. If Anita was right and they truly were here to get her, they were probably using every possible way to find where she was.

"Where is everyone?" whispered Jenna, her voice shaky.

Anita stopped, "You have wandless magic. How could I have forgotten? You need to get out of this house." Her tone serious. "If I find out that you are still here, you will not make it to adulthood young lady. Elliot and Draco will be waiting for you." She kissed Jenna on the forehead and turned to leave.

"Wait," Jenna grabbed her hand. "I'm not leaving you, I can't. I just found all of you." She could feel tears welling up in her eyes. "I know I push you all away and I can be hard to read, but it's because I don't want to screw anything up."

Anita squatted down to her eye level and gently cupped her face. "I know, my dear. It's a very Malfoy thing of you to do." She smiled gently and rubbed a stray tear from Jenna's cheek. "We will see each other again. Okay?"

  This time there was no stopping her. Anita fled and was out of Jenna's sight before she could do or say anything else. Wiping the salty tears away from her face, she closed her eyes and pictured Elliot and Draco. As a cloud of black smoke engulfed her she heard what sounded like Anita scream.

_________________________________

"Where is she? Anita should have gotten to her by now!" Elliot paced back and forth. "We have to go back, Draco." Neither one of them seeming to care that they were standing in the pouring down rain.

Draco grabbed Elliot's shoulder and pulled him behind a large bush. "Williams, calm yourself and don't be daft. My grandmother loves Jenna with every fiber of her being. She won't let anything happen to her."

Elliot's breathing became heavy, "they came out of no where. I-it w-w-was like th-the..."

"The war all over again." Draco finished grimly. "I know, I feel the same way."

"Draco!" Jenna yelled loudly over the rain. "Draco! We need need to get back to Anita, I heard-." She crashed into him and grabbed the lapels of his jacket in an iron grip. "I heard her scream. She was in pain." Malfoy couldn't tell if it was rain or tears running down the sides of Jenna's cheeks.

"Draco, come on," Elliot began but another crackle of thunder cut him off. It began to rain harder on all of them. Their nice clothes clinging to them as if it were another skin. "We have to help them."

"Fine, but we go in with a plan. Not blind." warned Draco as he pulled out his wand. "Lumos." His voice carried lightly into the night.

Jenna had her wand ready as well. Following behind the two men as they creeped slowly to the nearest set of windows. Lucius study was the only room Jenna had yet to see tonight where the fireplace has been lit. The light giving the room an unnecessary warmth. They saw Druella hiding behind a door and Narcissa on the opposite side.

"They're waiting." Elliot's voice was emotionless. They weren't blind. All of them could see the fear in Druella's eyes and Narcissa's dueling hand shaking like an Earthquake.

"Wait." Draco instructed. "We can't do it yet. They know what's coming. We would screw everything up going in now."

Jenna couldn't remember what happened next. A rush of adrenaline overcame her body. Two men who stood about the same height as Elliot walked into the study where Narcissa and Druella had been hiding. Draco was gone the second one of the men stepped in Narcissa's direction. Elliot disappeared next, having heard one of the men cry out for help near the ballroom.

"Anita!" Jenna was engulfed in a cloud of black smoke.