Chapter Thirty-Three

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Saturday, 11th of April, 2020

  Thunder crackled in the distance of the Malfoy Estate. Rain poured against the tall windows. The sun quickly disappeared behind the clouds. It all set a perfect mood for the events taking place within the walls of Malfoy Manor.

"Lucius!" Narcissa screamed. "Put the wand down." She grabbed her husband's wrist. "Give it to me."

  The Lord of the manor felt a gust of anger rush through his body. Every ounce of magic that ran within him wanted to be poured into one powerful Crucio. It was Narcissa's hand that stopped him; his wife's voice that pulled him from those dark thoughts.

  Lucius felt himself lower his wand. However, he didn't do what Narcissa had pleaded for him to do. The harmless-looking piece of wood stayed pointed at Abraxas Malfoy. Anita took a hesitant step toward her husband.

"Y- you held me." Her voice was weak.  

"Anita," Abraxas went to step forward but stopped when his wife held up her hand.

"You held me that night." Anita continued. "You told me everything would be okay. You lied to me, knowing that she wouldn't return."

  The older man stared past his wife and looked deeply into Jenna's eyes. He said a silent prayer to Merlin, hoping she would step in, and help him out of this mess he had created.

  The room had fallen silent again. Abraxas and his secrets lingering in the tense air. Lightning struck close to the grounds causing Jenna to flinch.

"You would have put all of us in danger." He admitted. "I did what I had to. You were too powerful to be here."

"You've already said that. Surely you can come up with another excuse." Jenna cut him off.

"I didn't know what had happened to you." Abraxas continued. "Yes, I got to watch you grow up. I stayed away and helped when necessary. That muggle transfer-invention would have done more to you than a broken arm if it weren't for me." He gruffly stated.

________________________________
Bellefontaine Residence
Evensburrow, MO
Date: Friday, December 25th, 2009

"Come on, we have to hurry," Elliot whispered into the night.

Jenna breathed heavily, "I'm hurrying, Eli, it's hard to run without my shoes."

"You can't run away at night with shoes that sparkle and light up." Elliot reminded her for the third time.

  Jenna huffed as he reached for her cold hand. The crisp December air was bone-shaking. Their little legs running away from the uptown apartment complex after the earth-shattering events that took place.

  The Bellefontaine's had wanted them for the money and that was it. Elliot had a red hand mark on the left side of his cheek. Something Mrs. Adams would not be amused about when they reached her office.

  The pair looked up in wonder as it began to sprinkle with snow. It had made the scene around them look like a beautiful snow globe. Elliot tugged her arm and pulled her along. The five and six-year-old ran along the ice-covered road. Neither of them was aware that Mr. and Mrs. Bellefontaine were coming in from their Christmas party.