Chapter Eight

!WARNING!
*Long chapter ahead.

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Tuesday, 11 February 2020
2 a.m.

"Magic is Might."
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

  For the first time in ten years, Jenna had not been woken up by a horrific nightmare. For that, she was grateful. But it would be smart to note that she was, still, in fact, woken up in the middle of the night. It is also important to note that Jenna is, in fact, pissed off at the situation before her. She stood in front of a huge window with her arms crossed and her best glare on her face.

  Elliot stood to her right still half asleep. He was the one who had come running into her bedroom. The Malfoy family sat with no emotion on their faces. Druella and Cygnus looked as if they couldn't care less what had just happened. Jenna on the other hand, couldn't stop her heart from beating beyond its normal rate.

___________________________

Thirty Minutes Earlier...

  Elliot Williams always took pride in being a deep sleeper. He had the ability to sleep through an earthquake if he wanted to. But tonight something changed that. It was one-thirty in the morning and he had just gotten comfy in bed. He rolled over onto his side and as soon as the effects of sleep began to take place, someone screamed. Elliot jumped out of bed and ran to Jenna's room. Not bothering with knocking, he threw the door open and ran to his friend.

  Jenna was lying in her bed, practically covered from head to toe with her comforter, in a deep sleep. She looked peaceful and he knew he was about to take that away from her. Walking over to the bed, he took a deep breath, knowing how bad of a mood she was going to be in when she woke. Jenna was the most anti-morning person he had ever met. Giving the situation, he knew he would have to ignore that for the moment.

  With a wave of his wand, the light came on in the room. Jenna flinched and pulled the cover over her face, groaning in the process. Elliot grabbed the cover and pulled it back down. Allowing her to be exposed to more light. He knew she was going to murder him for this, but she was wasting time.

"Jenna, get up! I heard a scr-." Another scream echoed throughout the house and this time, Jenna bolted up at the sound. Grabbing her robe, she and Elliot ran out of the room. She was too busy attempting to tie it to notice Elliot had come to a complete stop. When she looked up being awake at this time of night was far from her mind. A dementor was hovering over Lucius Malfoy. Elliot and Jenna shared a look before sprinting down the grand staircase.

The other Malfoys stood absolutely still. Their wands gripped tightly in their hands. Draco had moved in front Narcissa, in case something more were to happen. Jenna observed that everyone was holding one, which was in violation of their sentence. Elliot noticed as well and both of them decided to stay hidden while also trying to help. Jenna was the first to notice the coat closet near the dementor. She rolled her eyes.

"Of course, it had to be a bogart." She sneered mentally. Conjuring her wand, knowing she could only use wand magic for this, she decided to help. Stepping in front of Lucius, her hunch was confirmed when the bogart transfigured to nothing.

"Riddikulus." And with a wave of her wand, the bogart was magically thrown back into the closet. Twirling around, Jenna crossed her arms and glared at the people before her.

___________________________

Present Time

"You all do realize that even touching your wands right now is in violation of your sentence?" She was met with silence. "How did you get them?" Jenna asked.

"You really think that we would give the ministry our actual wands?" Lucius Malfoy asked.

"Well, if-."

"Do you realize how stupid this is? Do any of you have any idea how much you are risking just by looking at wands?" Elliot asked outraged.

"Watch it, boy." Abraxas sneered.

"He's right," Draco admitted. Jenna gave him a small smile and looked at Elliot.

"Go back to bed. You need it. I'll handle them." He did as told and went back to his room but not before giving the family one last glare. Jenna walked over to the couch and sat down.

"Well, are you going to treat us like we don't know any better?" Druella asked sarcastically.

"No. I believe you all know what you're doing and have a reason for doing it. Do I agree with it? Absolutely not. You do realize that Elliot and I being here is a good thing? If we report back to the ministry two months from now with nothing but positive things to say about you all, you'll get some of your restrictions lifted?" Jenna explained. Her big, dark eyes bore into their souls. She knew what she was doing and this look always got her, her way.

  Draco was the first to crack. Moving from his spot in front of his mother he walked over and handed her his wand. Or what was a replica since his first one was gone? He would never admit it but Draco knew deep down the young girl was right. Plus, he knew he owed it to her to do as she asked. She gave him a small smile before looking back at his family.

"She's right." He stated. He turned around and walked off to his bedroom. The older Malfoys were a little trickier but her look still cracked Anita and Cygnus.

"Miss...?" Lucius' voice trailed off as he realized she had never introduced herself.

Jenna have a soft smile, "Jenna DuBaer."

"Right. Miss. DuBaer, how in Merlin's name do we know that we can trust you?" asked Lucius. Jenna took a deep breath and thought for a moment.

"I have done nothing but defend you all and try to reason with you. You all have earned a second chance. You all know that you don't deserve it but here I am giving it to you. They will listen to me. I have done too much for the Order for them not to. I know you all see a fifteen-year-old girl but I have gone through too much for you all to see me as such. I am more powerful than some of you and you know it. If I wanted to take you out I would have done it by now. Besides, you all owe it to me." Jenna explained.

"Owe it to you!?" Druella asked appalled. "How so?" Jenna didn't reply, just looked at Narcissa for some help.

"You're misunderstanding the situation. We were allowed to keep our wands when we came out of hiding." Anita Malfoy explained.

"I do not believe for a second that I should have to surrender my wand." Cygnus crossed his arms over his chest.

"But it will help your children and grandson tremendously."

Narcissa was the first to move. She walked over and handed over her wand. Jenna gave her a small smile before taking everyone else's wands as well. With a wave of her hand, all of their wands disappeared including her own.

"Thank you all." She turned around and began to walk up the stairs but before she could make it to the top and faced them again.

"Please remember that magic is not might."