Chapter Twenty-Two

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Wednesday, 10th of March, 2020

"Anita!"
_____________________________

  A cloud of black smoke appeared in the main hall of Malfoy Manor. Jenna surveyed her surroundings having seen no one thus far. Anita's cry for help echoed in her mind. She was somewhere near the garden or else Jenna would not have heard her. Walking on her tip-toes to be quiet the girl made her way down the hall. Hearing Druella cry out stopped her. Closing her eyes tightly she remembered that Draco had gone to help them. Anita needed her help that was who she had to focus on.

"Come to me, dear one. Sweet lost one." Jenna tightly shut her mouth in order to keep from crying out. He was back. "Not so brave now, are you?"

  Hearing foot steps from behind her made her rush to the nearest room. She pressed herself up against the nearest wall having no time to find a place to hide. A cloaked figure walked in moments later only this time it wasn't her grandmother. They were wearing what looked to be a mask, a death eater mask. Her mouth dropped at the realization. Elliot had been right. Narcissa and Lucius had been betrayed that night by someone in their inner circle.

  Jenna, furious with the information, waved her hand. She watched as the figure flew across the room, landing with harsh thud. Then, she tightened her fist and watched as they struggled to breathe. Only relaxing the hold when they passed out. Once more, she waved her hand and tide the figure up with the curtains. Smiling triumphantly, Jenna walked out of the room to find Anita.

"One down, however many more to go." She could practically feel Elliot smiling wherever he had went.

  A light was coming from behind a closed door on the right side of the hall. Pushing her hand forward the door opened slowly and soundlessly. As she walked in she saw her. Anita was unmoving on the floor. Her silvery-blonde hair sprawled out everywhere, her enchanting green eyes hidden beneath her closed lids. Jenna creeped slowly toward the older woman and kneeled near her neck. A faint pulse was thumping against the two finger's she had placed on her grandmother's neck. Letting out a sigh of relief, Jenna slumped against Anita's limp body.

"Sweet one." A voice chided from behind Jenna. Her body tensed. "There you are." His voice seemed familiar. As if she had heard it a million times.

Without turning around, Jenna stood. Placing a silent protection spell on Anita as she did. The woman was the one who had gotten Jenna to safety this time. Maybe, it made her the main target if they couldn't have the younger girl. Turning around while holding back her tears she was face to face with another mask. This one was a bronze shade with different detailing than the last.

"Why do you call me that?" Her voice was shaky much to her dismay. "Every time you see me, you never use my name."

The figure stood there saying nothing. Jenna gulped and felt her heart pounding in her chest. Her wet hair sticking to her face from the rain and tears she lad let fall. To him, she had never looked so weak. He raised his wand and with a flick a red light came from the wand. Jenna dove out of the way just in time for the curse to hit the wall. A purple light shot out of her right palm and hit him square in the chest. He stumbled a few paces but managed to keep his balance.

"Scared?" Jenna taunted, her fear leaving her body.

  The man tried to aim another curse her direction. Jenna managed to capture it in her hands and throw it back his way. Another figure appeared beside him and managed to knock Jenna off of her feet. The force throwing her back against the wall near Anita. As the room slowly began to stop spinning she stood again. Using the same spell she managed to wrap the other figure in the curtains conjuring their wand out of their hands.

  Turning back toward the original figure Jenna found herself frozen on spot. He had made his way toward her in a slow, suspenseful way. Her casting arm frozen above her head letting the wand fall to her feet. She was forced to watch as he used his wand to trace her chest, neck, and side profile. It was as if he had been studying her and the changes her body had made on its own over time. Without warning he raised his hand and slapped her right cheek. A small burning sensation spreading through her face. Her scream of pain caught in her throat as a small drop of blood slowly slid down her face.

  Meeting his gaze she saw the words, "Acta deos numquam mortalia fallunt" written on his mask. Her eyes widened in fear as he disappeared with a 'pop'. A gasp of breath was released from her chest as Jenna fell to the ground. The tied up figure having disappeared with its partner. Trying to maintain a normal breathing pattern, Jenna slowly army crawled toward Anita. The protection spell broken at the near touch of Jenna's hand.

"Anita," Jenna gasped. "Anita-you need to wake up." She gripped her robes with her fist and shook her furiously. "Please." The younger girl pleaded. Putting her fingers to her pulse point once more, she felt nothing. "No." A broken whisper. "No, no, no! Abraxas! Lucius! Somebody help us!"

  Warm tears were finally released from her eyes. The salty water making contact with her cut made her hiss out in pain. Pulling the older woman's limp body to her's she waited. Jenna clutched the upper half of her grandmother's body hoping to feel some movement. A couple of her tears landed on Anita's cheeks making them appear less pale.

"Jen, what's-?" Elliot walked into the room followed by Narcissa and Abraxas. The others filing in behind them at a slow pace.

"ANITA!" Abraxas called out. "What have you done!? What have you done?" He launched toward Jenna but Elliot was quicker. Snatching the older man mid air and shoving him against his chest. The pair sunk to the ground as Abraxas erupted in a fit of sobs.  Jenna clutched Anita tighter at his reaction.

"Get out." Lucius demanded. Narcissa pulled Anita from Jenna. "Get out! All of you! This instant!" With one last sad glance, Jenna exited the room.

"Anita!"