Chapter Thirty-Five

Date: 14th of April, 2020
Tuesday

Arabella Narcissa Cosette Malfoy!
  This is ridiculous! You shall come home at once. Everyone is worried sick about you! Twenty-Four hours is long enough for the tantrum you are throwing. Your mother is ill with stress. I am incredibly disappointed in you!

- Abraxas Malfoy, Esquire
________________________________

Date: April 15th, 2020
Wednesday

Dear Jenna,
  It's been forty-eight hours. Where are you? What you have done is horrible. First, you make us cast a powerful spell and don't tell us the outcome. Next, you see something that horrifies the hell out of you, and you don't find it necessary to tell your best friend about it. Last, you've seemed to have left me alone with the Malfoys.

  I don't know what is running through your head right now. I genuinely have no idea. You won't communicate with me at all. Why would you do this, Jen? At least tell me where you are so that I can let Narcissa know. She won't get out of bed because of this. Something happened between the two of you, I know it. Neither of you acted right the other day. Is that why you left!? Please, tell me. I'm dying here.

~ Love,
El
________________________________

Date: 16th of April, 2020
Thursday

Arabella,
  I beg of you, return home. It has been seventy- two hours. We just found you. It's not right for you to be gone already. We had no time together. I remember looking into your eyes as a child and finding the comfort that I needed. You gave me that leave once more. Being at the manor with you made all of us better. We were our best selves with you.

  Anita was right, I was jealous. You created a strong bond with me when you were a babe. I thought that bond would continue when you came back. Instead, you went to Anita. There was something about seeing it again that made me bitter. I can't be the grandmama you deserve if I'm like that. I promise everything will be different when you return.

  I've always wanted to take you to Paris. My grandma took me when I was of age. Your mother's grandma took her. I shall continue this tradition. If it makes you comfortable, you may invite your other grandmother. Just know that I will always be here for you.

All my love,
Grandmama Druella
________________________________

Date: Friday, April 17th, 2020

The dancing wind carried all three letters to the correct destination. Jenna smiled at the nickname Druella had given herself. She had only ever heard be called grandmother. This might be her way of undoing the twisted things in her life. Druella Black is a complicated woman like that.

  Jenna folded the three letters into tiny squares and placed them in her jean pocket. It had been four days since she unmasked her kidnapper. Four days without seeing her family and best friend. The quest she ventured on was a spur-of-the-moment thing. She knew of him and knew how powerful he was. This quest would give her the ingredients she needed to protect all of them, including Abraxas.

"I will give you the water, but on one condition." Her thoughts were soon broken. Serena's voice was hypnotizing. "All magic comes with a price."