Chapter Thirty-One

TW: mentions of assault and possible rape are in this chapter. Please do not read if those topics are triggering. If you continue to read and feel uneasy, please reach out to someone. My DM's are open if you don't feel comfortable enough to reach out to someone within your circle. ✨🌈🤍
____________________________

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Thursday, 9th of April, 2020

"History is written by the survivors
and I am surely that."
~Catherine De Medici

"Thank you for coming."

Lucius opened the door wide enough for Mr. Ollivander and his nephew to walk into the entry hall. It causes him a great shock to see the older man out and about without a cane. Lucius was nearing forty-five and had one.

"The pleasure is always mine, Mr. Malfoy." The older man rasped. "When Minister Shacklebolt instructed me to make sure you and your family were supplied with new wands, I was thrilled. I still remember your first wand, Mr. Malfoy. Elmwood with a dragon-heartstring core and a snakehead handle." He reminisced.

Unlike his usual self, Lucius gave Ollivander a warm smile. He was older than his father and somehow remembered every person and wand that passed him by.

"Lucius Malfoy, this is my nephew, Brooks. Brooks, this is Mr. Malfoy. He attended Hogwarts a few odd years ago." Ollivander winked at Lucius.

The young boy smiled, "Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Malfoy." Lucius took the hand that the young boy offered and gave a gentle shake.

"Pleasure is mine." Lucius echoing Ollivander's earlier words. "How old are you lad? Did you go to Hogwarts with my Draco?"

  The trio walked further into the manor's inviting halls. Brooks towered over both men and had a slightly muscular body. His olive tone skin reminded Lucius of his daughter. It made her stick out when she was with him and the rest of their family.

"Oh, I attended Durmstrang Institute, sir." Brooks surprisingly spoke in a strong English accent. "I graduate next school year."

"Ah," Lucius chided. "so, that makes you seventeen?"

  Brooks nodded his head slightly shy from the attention he was getting. Lucius observed the younger man as they continued to the sitting room. He stared at everything he passed in awe. Brooks had a crooked smile and eyes as green as springtime grass. The younger boy gave Lucius an uneasy feeling as they walked into the drawing-room.

"Mr. Ollivander!" His family greeted in unison.

"It's great to see you again, Mr. Ollivander." Draco shook the older man's hand politely. "Welcome to Malfoy Manor."

  It wasn't surprising to see the old man stare at everything in shock. Malfoy Manor had drastically changed since the times of war. Narcissa made sure of that when they first got home that night. However, it was pleasant to see him become comfortable.

"Greetings, young Mr. Malfoy. Monster Shacklebolt has informed that you require a new wand." He watched Draco nod his head almost shamefully. "Brooks and I have brought in a majority of the wands from our shop," Ollivander explained. "My warning is to be careful because it isn't old things in my shop that you will all be blowing up today." He lightly joked.

  Draco unanimously decided to go first. His wand only taking a matter of moments to choose him. Narcissa held her breath and watched as nothing in her beloved house was broken. Cygnus approached Ollivander, his mouth open with a question on his mind. However, he was cut off when everyone saw something flash past the room ending with a small crash. Ollivander looked at the family with fear in his eyes.