Chapter Twenty-Six

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Thursday, 2nd of April, 2020

"Momma and dad,
I'll hold your love in my heart.
Always."
________________________________

"Twenty- Five days, Arabella Malfoy."

  Jenna woke up with sweat dripping from her forehead. Her breathing was uneven; it almost felt as if she was having an anxiety attack. Surveying the room, she saw nothing. The early stages of the morning light cast shadows all over the walls, had someone been there she would have seen them. She flung back on her pillows exhausted. Yesterday had been so tiring she didn't even unmake her bed before crawling in.

Her body was too tired to make its way to the bathroom. Her dark eyes slowly began to close on their own. Despite, her trying her best to fight it. Sleep overcame the teen shortly after. The stress of the world slowly fading away. Of course, it was too perfect. The rising sun shining beautifully throughout the room. Jenna finally getting the peace and rest she needed. Perfect.

"Jenna! Jenna! Help!"

Her eyes shot open, an adrenaline rush overtook her body. In an instant, her bedroom door was wide open, the rest of the room deserted. The pitter-patter of her bare feet filled the air. Jenna's legs not stopping until the screaming got louder. She gasped when she finally made her way down to the foyer, seeing Elliot with a wand pointed in his direction. Narcissa and Lucius stood with their backs straight, faces emotionless.

"Miss. DuBaer." Jenna tensed, Kingsley Shacklebolt came out from behind Elliot. "You have some explaining to do." His tone filled with anger. He looked her up and down. "Go change and make yourself look like the Order member I know and take seriously."

With an arch of her eyebrow, the room watched the young witch disappear in a cloud of black smoke. Only for it to clear and reveal her more put-together self. Her dark hair was neatly curled with some of it pinned back. She wore black ripped jeans with a cropped dark green sweater, her feet still bare. Jenna waved her hand and suddenly the wand pointed at Elliot was now aimed at the auror of who the wand belonged.

"Better?" Sarcasm leaked through Jenna's voice. "Now, what is all of this about, Minister Shacklebolt? And why on earth did your auror's have their wands pointed at unarmed people."

Kingsley eyed the young girl and sighed, "Jenna, release my auror and I will speak to you in a moment." He rubbed his hand over his face as he heard the clatter of the wand hitting the floor. "I'm too old for this."

"What the hell, Kingsley?" Elliot was furious. "I understand aiming wands at them, but me?" He watched the dark man grab Jenna's shoulders, his complaints echoing through the empty hall.

"I want you both along with your protectees," Kingsley's tone was sour. "to follow me." He stated, ignoring Elliot's complaint.

  The group followed the Minister and Lucius to his study. He stood by one of the sets of French doors and waited for everyone to find a seat. Jenna stood behind Anita and Druella, Elliot behind her. Her heartbeat quickly against her ribs. She knew deep down today was the day. Once Kingsley found out their secret, the entire world would know. No longer would she be "Jenna DuBaer; Harry Potter's American Friend" but, "Arabella Malfoy; The Lost Malfoy".

"I received these the other day," Kingsley pulled a stack of letters from beneath his cloak. "All in your handwriting, Miss. DuBaer."

Jenna narrowed her eyes, "Of course they are, Kingsley. It was in our instructions to write to you at the end of every week we were here." She crossed her arms over her chest.