Chapter Twenty-Four

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Jenna's Room
Date; Friday, 20th of March, 2020

"Lucius was always one you didn't want to make upset, Echo."

Jenna looked at her new aunt through the mirror. The resemblance between her and the older woman was uncanny. Of course, the closer her birthday got, the less the statement became true. This morning a small glance in the mirror revealed her eyes were no longer black. They resembled a pot of honey sitting in the morning sun. Her skin continued to lighten as well. She was almost the same shade as Narcissa.

"Upset?" Jenna's mouth dropped. "Andy, he was a complete and total as-."

"Watch your mouth!" Andromeda threatened. "We do not speak like that." Her brown eyes blazing.

"I do believe I have every right to speak like that right now." Jenna crossed her arms defiantly. "Have you met your younger sister's husband? Piece of work that one." Her lips formed a small smile when Andromeda let out a giggle. She didn't do that often anymore.

"Alright, dear Echo." Andromeda looked at her with great sadness. "I think our time is up," Teddy screamed in the background. "Your birthday is a month away. That's a great amount of time to send me what you would like. A girl only turns sixteen once." With that statement, Andromeda disappeared from the mirror.

  Jenna sighed, shaking her head at the older woman. Her aunt knew she didn't like celebrating her birthday. Every party that had ever been thrown was done in secret. Her gifts were always extravagant— something Jenna never would have asked anyone to get her. That was Andromeda Tonks though. She had a way of bringing people in and making them feel loved. More so than Molly Weasley, she might add.

She rubbed her temples, "it's been a hell of a year."

_______________________________
Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Saturday, 14th of March, 2020

"It was strange, Mrs. Weasley," Jenna spoke into the mirror softly. The entire house was silent due to the late hour. Lucky for her; no one at the Burrow ever slept. "He seemed to care more than..."

"He should have?" Mrs. Weasley asked. "More than Abraxas?" Molly interrogated, she watched the younger girl nod. Her dark eyes full of confusion and curiosity all at once.

"D-do you by any chance know of anything that could have possibly happened between... between Anita and Cygnus?" Jenna fiddled with the jewelry Narcissa had placed on the vanity.

  The girl had tried to inform Narcissa that she was simply not the makeup-jewelry-loving daughter the matriarch probably craved. She heard nothing of it. Jenna walked in the next day to see her room filled with pictures of her and her parents. All moving within the moment they had been taken. Her closet was filled with more muggle clothes, thank goodness. Of course, there were a few dress robes placed toward the back.

"Just in case." Narcissa had said.

"Why do you care so much, dear?" Mrs. Weasley gave her a kind smile. It almost felt as if she already knew. "You've been awful at keeping in contact with us. Is everything alright over there?"

She sighed, "Did you know Narcissa and Lucius had another child?" Jenna held her breath.

It was Mrs. Weasley's turn to sigh, "Dear, Narcissa had several children besides Draco." Jenna's eyes widened. "But of course, everyone knows about Arabella Malfoy. It was tragic really. Out in public, she was the only way anyone could see Lucius smile."

"We found her." Jenna decided it would be best to rip it off like a band-aid. She watched the older one smile through the mirror.

"I know dear," she blinked several moments. Her honey brown eyes filling with tears. "Andromeda broke the news to Authur, Minerva, Albus, and me back when Sirius was still alive. Tonks took much more of a liking to you because of who you were."

Jenna had a feeling that her shocking look would be hysterical to someone who didn't know her. However, deep within her heart, she felt betrayed. Everyone had known of her heritage besides her. The one person who had every right to know.

"They kept it a secret to protect you, darling," Molly answered as if reading her mind. "If the Death Eaters—Bellatrix, had found out about you? Merlin knows what would have happened to you."

"I know." Jenna frowned. "I just wish-."

"Could you have fought in the battle, on our side, knowing you would have been going up against Narcissa and Lucius as well?" Molly waited but got no reply. "Exactly. That's one of the reasons Minerva didn't allow Slytherins to fight that night. They were in the same situation."

"Cygnus and Anita?" Jenna wanted the subject changed. Molly sighed and began telling her what she knew. Jenna's eyes widened. "No way."
______________________________
Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Jenna's Room
Date; Tuesday, 16th of March, 2020

"You're not serious."

"No, she's dead serious," Elliot stated, knowing Jenna too well. He cringed, "still too soon." He watched her nod in agreement.

"That's bloody disgusting." Draco stood from the bed. "Anita and Cygnus. Cygnus and Anita." He stood in disbelief.

"It makes sense now," Jenna said. "I mean, they're the only ones that get along. He screamed at us when she was hurt. More so than Lucius and Abraxas."

"How come neither of them noticed?" asked Elliot, he watched Jenna shrug.

"Disgusting."

"Disturbing."

Jenna rolled her eyes, "Yes, but depressing."

"We were close," Elliot stated.

"I'll never look at either one of them the same." Draco was still in shock.

"I don't think I can either." She admitted solemnly.

"I didn't think either of them was," Elliot confessed. "I just assumed Anita and Abraxas were one of those couples who prefer to live in private."

Draco laughed, "They are. Trust me. I never thought any of the four of them would cheat."

"No, no." Jenna shook her head. "Not cheat. This was before any of them got married. Well, before Cygnus was married. Druella was the one person who could distract him from Anita."

"Anita continued despite marrying Abraxas?" Elliot was shocked. He pictured it being the other way around.

"Yeah," Jenna nodded her head. "Cygnus only called it off after he found out who his father promised him to. After that, it was over. He only had eyes for-."

"Druella." The children jumped. In the doorway stood Cygnus Black himself. He didn't look angry like they all pictured.

"How long have you been standing there?" asked Draco.

"Long enough to decide that it's time for you three to go to bed." None of them argued and it was well past one o'clock in the morning. The boys left the room quickly and Jenna sunk slowly into her bed. Stretching her legs, that had been crossed, out across the bed. "Goodnight, Miss. DuBaer." Cygnus shut the door slowly.