Chapter Nine

Happy Halloween, my loves! 🎃
Please enjoy this chapter and stay safe wherever you may be!
___________________________

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Wednesday, 27 April 2005

"...that's what Bellatrix Lestrange got sent to Azkaban for. Using the Cruciatus Curse on Neville's parents until they lost their minds."
-Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

"Can you believe Ara turned one today?" Narcissa asked her husband. They were both lying in bed snuggled against one another. The thought made Lucius smile. Yes, it would come to a shock to many people, but Lucius Malfoy indeed smiles. Especially, when it came to his baby girl.

  Arabella had tottled around babbling all day at her party. Narcissa and Lucius went big for the one-year-olds birthday. They knew she would never remember it but a child only turns one once in a lifetime. A moving picture from today's events rested on Narcissa's nightstand. Lucius was holding a three-year-old Draco both smiling brightly for the camera. Narcissa stood to the left of them holding Ara. Their pose was a little different. Narcissa was smiling at her daughter, her back against Lucius, while Ara had both hands on her mother's cheeks sporting a wide smile herself as she looked up at Cissa.

"It feels like just yesterday you told me we were expecting not only a baby but a little boy. Then, at her birth, we found out she was our sweet Arabella. I was so shocked, Cissa. Afraid as well. A little boy is one thing. My father taught me how to raise an heir the moment I turned sixteen. But a girl? I had no idea what to do." Lucius said, rubbing her arm.

  Narcissa leaned on one elbow and rested her hand on his chest, hovering over him slightly. She smiled down at him and moved to run his long blonde hair. He grabbed her wrist for a second and kissed the inside of it, rubbing the spot he had just kissed. It was moments like this with Lucius that made Narcissa want to stay in bed and hide from the world.

"You're a great father to both of our children. How they both admire you," explained Cissa in an admiring tone. They shared another smile and were about to share a kiss before they heard a loud crash.

  The couple shot apart and bolted towards the double doors of the master suit. Narcissa ran to Draco's room while Lucius went across to the nursery. Gripping his wand he opened the door quietly. In a shocked state of mind, he watched as a hooded figure jumped off of the balcony with a screaming Arabella in hand.

"No!" Cried Lucius throwing the door open the rest of the way. Before he could cast a curse another figure appeared in front of him. Lucius raised his wand but his opponent was quick to beat him. A red spark appeared from the wand and Lucius doubled over in pain. He felt like two thousand knives were cutting into his skin. He closed his eyes and tried to stop the ringing in his ears.

"Lucius!" He heard Narcissa yell. He opened his eyes to see his wife in the doorway. Yet again, another figure appeared out of the darkness.

"Crucio!" Narcissa too fell to the floor in pain. She thanked Merlin that she had hidden Draco with a house-elf rather than bringing him with her. Both Malfoys passed out five minutes later.

  Narcissa woke up to the chime of the clock. Letting all of the residents in the house know it was midnight. She and Lucius had ran to check on the kids at ten-thirty. They both had been under the curse for at least an hour based on how she was feeling. She rolled over to see Lucius sitting in the rocking chair with Draco. Both boys had tears streaming down their faces.