Chapter Forty-Three

AN// I apologize for this in advance. This chapter is sort of space filler. I feel that it is awkward in some places, but it was needed. I hope y'all enjoy and thanks for sticking around for this long!

~Moonriverxx 🌙✨
__________________________________

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Monday, 27th of April, 2020

"Happy birthday, Arabella."

"Jenna, wake up,"

Narcissa sat on the edge of her daughter's bed with a wide grin resting upon her regal face. It had been fifteen years since they celebrated her birthday. Every year after that, the twenty-seventh of April was skipped over in Malfoy Manor. That changed today.

Her daughter mumbled and waved her off. It was a sight that made Narcissa giggle. Anyone on the outside looking in would have frozen on the spot. Narcissa Malfoy is giggling? They didn't know the ice Queen could do such a thing.

"My love, it's time to wake up," Narcissa spoke again, her voice as light as a mother singing to her newborn.

Slowly, Jenna began to move in her sleep. Her wide eyes fluttered open like a butterfly flapping her wings. She stretched out her limbs and sat up. The look of annoyance on her face told Narcissa everything she needed to know. Her daughter didn't remember what today was at the moment.

"Happy birthday, sweet Ara," She smiled. Jenna's eyes widened as she looked around the room.

"I forgot," her voice was raspy with sleep. "Thank you, mom." She leaned forward and wrapped her arms tightly around Narcissa. "No one else followed you in?"

She shook her head, "I wouldn't let them. I wanted to give you my gift in private."

"You didn't have to," Jenna was shocked as her mother pulled a pink gift tied with a gold bow out from behind her.

  Narcissa placed the box in Jenna's lap and anxiously waited. Her daughter didn't move, just stared at the box with anticipation.

"Open it," Narcissa urged. "I promise that you will like it."

  Carefully, Jenna pulled the ribbon from the top of the box. The lid came loose and allowed her to peek inside. A rustic, white wood frame sat at the bottom of the box, propped on gold tissue paper. Within the frame was a current picture of the family.

   It was an off-guard picture that no one thought of after that day. Jenna and Draco were arguing with each other while Elliot was grinning at the camera. Cygnus had a hand on his wife's hip, also laughing at his grandchildren. Druella stood leaning against her husband while smiling up at him.

  However, their unusual positions weren't what caught Jenna's eye. In the center of the photo stood her parents. Both of them were laughing at each other, not paying attention to anyone around them or the camera. It was as if they thought they were alone.

Anita and Abraxas held hands and smiled at their family from the left side of the photo. There was a slight gap between them and the group. Jenna remembered that Draco had set the camera up, and they walked in last minute. Their reactions and poses were genuine. It made the picture even more special.