Chapter Thirty-Six

Date: 17th of April, 2020
Friday

Dearest Cosette,
Two months have passed since you've come into our lives. Did you know that? Two months and I still don't have the slightest idea who you are. Well, I have my thoughts. My dear, even through a glamour, I can see you. You are Noble like a Black and Regal like a Malfoy.

  The art of sarcasm comes from your grandmother, my wife. Her sharp wits and tongue were legendary when we were at Hogwarts. You've inherited that, dear Cosette. Especially, around Abraxas. I thank the stars every day for it. You don't have the protection of a constellation name. However, the stars watch you and protect you as if you do.

  You have the truth-telling skills of your other grandmother, Anita. It's the way you talk to people and tell them what they need to hear rather than what they want to hear. All of it comes from her, our Anita. I know it was shocking to discover what had happened between the two of us. I still care for her. However, I wouldn't change anything in my life.

  Your grandmother and I didn't love one another at first. As a matter of speaking, we loathed each other. What we have is friendship turned to love. I'm ecstatic that it happened. I wouldn't have the family that I have today without her. We wouldn't have you, my dear. The true embodiment of three of the women I love most in the world.

  I know that you have heard otherwise, but I loved my children. I still do. I can tell you every matching trait you and your mother share. However, this letter would be rather long if I did that. Her smile dazzles you. The dimples you share are truly unique and were the reason we all knew who you were. You share the same blue eyes, even though we haven't seen them in quite some time. We would love to see them again. With that statement, come home to us, Cosette.

High hopes and dreams,
Papa Cygnus

_______________________________

Date: 18th of April, 2020
Saturday

Daughter,
I've reached for my quill five times as of now. However, I put it back down every time. How does one speak to someone they've just met? It's the age-old question, I suppose. I remember my time at Hogwarts as I write to you. Your mother was a year below me. I remember the first time I saw her on the train. I swore to Merlin she was an enchantress and, I had fallen under her spell.

The night you were born, I knew we were going to have a boy. That's what the healers had told us. My surprise was shown when I entered the room, and your mother looked afraid. For you, not herself, in a family filled with dark wizards, it was dangerous for you. However, we go through it. We had one year with you before you were taken.

Yes, Arabella, we made it through a dark time without your protection. Your mother and I have gone through several dark moments without your protection. You get your protectiveness from her. She always made it a point to hide Draco from the ugliness of the world. Just like you are doing with this unnamed wizard.

We are stronger as a family. Come home and forget about the potion. I, Lucius Malfoy, am begging you to come home. We can figure out another way. Yes, Mrs. Tonks informed us of your quest for the protection potion. I must admit, it's daft of you to do. I am not ashamed; confused is a better adjective.