Chapter Twenty-Three

Tonks Residence
London, England
Date: 27th of April, 2018

"If only I could turn back time..."

"Does it ever stop raining?"

Elliot looked up from his book to his friend standing near the glass window. The storm had been going on for hours. Andromeda and Ted had gone out this morning, leaving the townhouse to them. When Molly and Arthur's seemed too crowded the pair would run to the Tonks. The married couple couldn't complain due to the childish banter that filled the halls when Jenna and Elliot visited. A sound they both missed.

"I don't know." Elliot shrugged. "I didn't think you would care. You love the rain."

Jenna huffed, "Thank you for the fact about myself I did not know."

"Jen, it's your fourteenth birthday. Could you lighten up?" Elliot rubbed his temples.

"It's my fourteenth birthday and it's in the middle of a war. I can't believe that's what you're thinking about. People are dying." Jenna paced back and forth as she ranted.

Elliot stood up and grabbed Jenna by the shoulders. His grip tightened only when she tried to fight him off. When she got like this he knew it would only make things worse if he let her continue. Just a couple of more minutes and he wouldn't have to deal with her thoughts. Ted and Andy would be back at any moment. The surprise would be put into place.

"There you are!" Speak of the devil and he shall appear. The pair turned to see a beaming Ted Tonks step out of the fireplace.

"Where is Andy?" They both noted the worry in Jenna's tone.

Ted smiled warmly, "She's fine. We're going to meet up with her. Come along wee one." He gripped Jenna's shoulders and stepped into the fireplace with her.

"Edward, what are you doing?" Jenna crossed her arms over her chest.

"Wee one, just trust me." He gripped the top of her head warmly and then dropped the powder onto the ground. "THE BURROW." In a flash of green flames, the pair disappeared. Elliot smiled to himself and repeated the action on his own.

Jenna lost her footing and stumbled out of the fireplace. Ted reached forward and managed to stable her before she fell on her arse. Cursing as she did, she took the time to dust off the cinders that had gotten on her clothes. Looking around she noted how quiet the Burrow was. The Burrow was never quiet nor did it ever have this many lights off at once.

"Ted, what is goin-."

"SURPRISE!" A crowd of people shouted as all of the lights came on. Andromeda stepped forward and wrapped Jenna in a tight hug.

"Happy fourteenth Birthday, Echo."
_______________________________
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Scottish Highlands
Date: Friday, 29th November 1996

"Andy!"

  The intoxicating voice of Narcissa "Cissy" Black filled the deserted common room. Her long blonde ringlets had been swept into a low ponytail. A small pout set in place on her round face. Cissy's dazzling blue eyes filled with tears as she stared at the person in front of her. The figure stopped and turned toward her. Every time she saw her she was taken aback by how similar her older sisters were in looks.

Andromeda Black was in her seventh and final year at Hogwarts. She thanked Merlin every day for that. Her dark, curly hair was pulled back out of her face. The usually soft features sharpened as she stared at her younger sister. An orphan, at first glance, she and Bellatrix always joked. It was the only thing the two had in common besides looks. She and Cissy had always been soulmates in other ways. However, she had never felt so betrayed.

"How did they find out, Narcissa?" Andromeda growled.

Narcissa flinched, "I do not know, Andy." She fiddled with her wand. "I didn't tell them. Believe me, I wouldn't do that to you."

"Someone had to have told them. I didn't tell anyone besides you. Cissy, not even Bella knows. Who did you tell?" Narcissa breathed in and made eye contact with her sister.

"Lucius. He was following me and saw the three of us together. He just got me to confirm that you and Ted were together." Andy's eyes widened. "Please don't go. Andy!"

"Don't call me that."

______________________________
Black Manor
Tisbury, Wiltshire, England
Date: Sunday, 23rd of November, 1996

"You do realize that these accusations made against my daughter are serious, boy."

Lucius stood unfazed. Druella Black sat with her back straight, her face stony, staring into the fire. He watched as she tightly gripped her wand. Twiddling the piece of wood between her fingers. Cygnus stood with a hand on the fireplace, not meeting Lucius's steel-grey eyes. Neither Black has been shocked when he broke the news to them. The rumor had been circling for quite some time about Andromeda and a Hufflepuff Mud-Blood who went by the name Ted.

"I do, Lord Black." Lucius's voice

"We'll have t-t-to d-dis-." Druella choked and stood gracefully. Lucius didn't think he had ever seen someone exit a room so quickly.

"Take care of Narcissa." Cygnus still hadn't turned in his direction. "Andromeda and she have always been close. She shall need guidance in the right direction."

"Of course, Lord Black," Lucius smirked.

______________________________
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Scottish Highlands
Date: Friday, 29th November 1996

"You promised you wouldn't say anything."

  Lucius stared into Narcissa's bright blue eyes. Her normal calm and collected manner were ruined by anger. The pale, milk-white skin he adored was flushed and blotchy. Tear stains marked her high cheekbones. Her eyes appeared larger due to the inconvenient swelling of her eyes. She angled her body away from him. In allowing him to touch her in this state.

"I had to do the right thing Cissa." He said calmly. "She was ruining you. He was ruining you. How would it look when I married someone known for...for mingling among those people?"

Narcissa gasped, "My sis-."

"Bellatrix is fine from what I've heard. I have no idea who you're referring to aside from her." Lucius turned away. Ending the argument for good.

  His racing heart eased as he heard her sobs quiet. He heard her whispering something and knew she was freshening herself up. No one would ever know what had taken place. She was Narcissa Black, soon to be Malfoy. All she knew was how to play pretend. How to act okay when she wasn't. He would praise her for it in the later years. Lucius just didn't know it yet.

"Professor McGonagall is looking for you, Miss Black." A boy, younger than them, appeared out of nowhere. "She said it was urgent."

"Who are you to talk to her?" Lucius asked, his hard voice echoing throughout the dungeon.

The boy gulped, his brown eyes widening, "I was just told by Pro-."

"I heard that part." Lucius slammed his fist into the wall and turned. "Who are you?"

"Oliver Hastings, second year." Narcissa bit her lip, feeling sorry for the boy. "I didn't mean to inter-."

Lucius snarled, "Do you know who I am?"

"No, I do not," Oliver answered honestly.

"Lucius Malfoy. We are both a part of the sacred twenty-eight. Do you know what that is?" Oliver watched as Lucius gripped his wand.

Gulping, "No, I do not." He turned away.

"Stupid Mud-Bloods." Lucius's voice echoed once more. "We will make his life miserable here."
_______________________________

"CRUCIO."