Chapter Thirty- Four

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Monday, 13th of April, 2020

"Unfortunately, there is no way we can do this."

Jenna walked in with a spellbook, "Unfortunately, you are all wrong." She smirked a little at her humor.

They watched as she viciously flipped through the ancient-looking book. She skimmed through it, her finger dragging along every page as she did. A wide smile appeared on her face as she came across the correct page.

"Here it is." She angled the book for her family to see. "It's a melody spell. When the person casting the spell sings it, everything from the day or night they picture plays out in front of them."

She waited for a reaction to occur, but their stony appearances remained. Narcissa did not move from her stance behind Lucius. She made no effort to return the smile her daughter was currently giving to her.

"Did I miss something?" Jenna questioned.

"Sorry for not reacting to the news with appropriate excitement, but we all have heard of this spell," said Druella. "It has to be cast by someone powerful."

"Most of the time that person is in love and wishes to see what happened to the love of their life." Anita continued.

"And other times it is cast by people who are lost. The people who cannot understand why they were brought into this world unwanted." Jenna informed them. "That's why I know we should do it."

"Yes, dear," Druella spoke up. "However, we have all seen this type of spell fail."

"Not without help." Jenna pleaded. "I need all of you to come together, and help me with this task. It's something I can't quite grasp. This group is a mystery. I don't understand. They wanted me gone because of my magic. Aren't we all magical?"

"Yes, dear," Anita chided. "but your magic is special. That's why they felt threatened by you. We promise we will help you."

  Day by day their daughter and granddaughter changed. They all prayed to Merlin and Salazar that the twenty-seventh wouldn't arrive. However, nothing would stop that from happening.

"You've grown soft," Draco smirked. He knew that she must have planned out the sob story before coming down here. She quirked her brow upward and returned the gesture. He was taken aback by the resemblance between her and their mother.

Lucius sighed, "What do we do, Ara?"

"Follow me."

  Jenna grabbed the book from the table and slammed it shut. In a hurry, she walked from the study and into the ballroom. It was shocking how dusty the room was. Narcissa was a clean person who kept a put-together house. To her, it seemed as if no one had been in here for—.

"Fifteen years," Draco came to stand beside her. "this was one of the rooms no one was allowed in after you were taken. I was always confused as to why we had one but held no parties. Mother and father were always upset about it, so I stopped asking."

She smiled, "At least we don't have to worry about it anymore. I believe this will help turn things around."

"Cissy, you really should get your house-elves in here. It's quite dreadful." Druella looked around in disgust. Her daughter stayed silent, ignoring her remark.

"Okay," Jenna stopped Druella from making the situation worse. "everyone needs to form a circle and begin the waltz."

"The waltz?" asked Abraxas. "Odd." His grim features made her almost feel sorry for him. Everyone had been giving him a hard time. Did he deserve it when all he wanted was to protect them?