Chapter Forty-One

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Sunday, 26th of April, 2020

"Arabella, come, darling,"

The angelic voice calms her nerves. Jenna lifts the white dress above her ankles and takes a step forward. Roses and lily of the valleys are planted all around. In the distance, she could hear a waterfall flowing into a river. She sighs, finally feeling at peace.

"Arabella, you need to go back."

Jenna squints but cannot see the figure. Her round face is blurry in the bright sunlight. Who would be doing this to her?

"It's not time, my dear. Not yet, anyway."

"Arabella, wake up."

"Wake up."

  Jenna batts her eyelashes until her dark orbs have settled. A groan escapes her lips as she realizes how tense her back is from laying on the chaise.

"You're up."

A small scream escapes her mouth, "I think I died a little." She breathes out heavily. "Draco, announce yourself."

"Harry Potter wouldn't put up with you right now. Why do you think I will handle this foolish behavior?"

"I'm sorry, I think I may be dreaming because you're acting like the bully from Hogwarts."

"Don't act innocent."

"I'm not! I just woke up from the most decent sleep I've gotten in the past two weeks. You're the one who—."

Draco rolled his steel-grey eyes, "You act as if we forced you away. You chose to leave."

"I never said I didn't!" She argued back.

  The room fell silent as both siblings fought to control their emotions. Draco sat shocked as all of his felt unsettled. He had never felt so passionate about something. Not even when he was trying to get that blasted Golden Trio into trouble.

"Mother missed you the most. You should have seen how relieved she looked, even after you passed out."

She sighed, "I didn't do it to hurt you."

He shook his head, "You have a horrible way of showing it." A couple of moments went by. "Williams went to check on Andromeda. She and mother got into an argument shortly after we removed you."

"Andy is here?" Jenna asked, her voice small.

"That's all you're concerned about?" Draco's rose to a disapproving tone.

"No! That's not what I meant—."

"Draco, stop harassing your sister," Elliot opened the door quietly and shut it the same. A tall figure followed in quickly and waited to be addressed.

"Brooks?" Jenna's curiosity sparked. "What are you doing here?"

"Your parents summoned me. However, Elliot answered the door and brought me here." Brooks shifted uncomfortably at the attention he was getting.

  Elliot tried to hide the glare he felt creeping onto his face. His heart was thumping rapidly against his chest. Why?

"It's called jealousy, mate."

"Shut up, Draco!" Elliot's face flushed at the confused looks he received from Jenna and Brooks. Draco smirked and took a seat in the nearest chair. "My apologies, I heard him yelling earlier and it was a delegated reaction."

"Right," Jenna eyed him suspiciously.

"He was yelling at you!?" Brooks yelled, his eyes widening with bewilderment.

"Calm down, Godric. I didn't hurt her."

Jenna didn't hesitate to glare at him. Leave it to Draco to ruin something going on between Brooks and her. A thought that made her stomach flutter.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me." He stared at her floor. "Your parents want all of us in the foyer."

"Oh, so you're being used as a house-elf, feel the love?" Elliot gripped Brooks's shoulder jokingly and exited the room. Draco smirked and followed his friend out.

"Don't listen to them. They're gits, pompous gits when together." Jenna explained. "How are you?"

"I've been better. Anita wrote to me and told me what happened." Brooks admitted. He saw her round face blush with embarrassment and regretted his words. "I think it's brave." He lies.

  Jenna gives him a small smile before leaving the room. Nothing more could be said. Her body felt refreshed as she took the long way to the foyer. Blonde figures in ancient portraits glared down at her as she passed. Anger runs deep in the House of Malfoy.

  Upon entering the foyer; a familiar scent of Chanel No 5 met her nose. She breathed in heavily as she glanced over at Andromeda. Her beautiful chocolate brown curls giving her away instantly.

"Aunt Andy!"

  A bone-crushing hug took place in the center of the room. Tears streamed down Jenna's round cheek as she held onto Andy with all her strength. She opened her eyes and saw Cygnus and Anita staring back at her. A smile forming on her pale-colored lips.

"Sweet, Echo, I've missed you," Andy ran her finger through her hair and kissed her cheek. "However, not as much as they did." She stepped away just in time for Narcissa and Lucius to walk in.

For a moment, time stopped. Jenna felt the weight of the world lifted from her shoulders. Isn't that what parents were supposed to do? Make all of your problems go away?

"Go to them," Andy whispered. "They missed you."

Jenna didn't need to be told twice. In an instant, she was across the room pulling Narcissa into a hug. Her mother smelled of every flower she had planted in her garden. An odd picture of Narcissa rolling around in the soil came to mind, but Jenna held back her laughter.

"I'm so sorry, mommy." Her lip quivered as she spoke.

Narcissa gripped her shoulders and gently pushed her away. Jenna flinched as her mother's cold hands gripped her face, Narcissa's blue eyes examining her thoroughly.

"Don't you ever do that again." Narcissa's voice was strict. "I will kill you myself."

Jenna's brown eyes widened as she nodded her head. The shock wore off when her mother kissed her head and moved away from her. Lucius looked her up and down and nodded, a man of few words.

"As heart-warming as this has been, we did order them to meet with us for a reason," Abraxas informed.

"You know how to ruin everything, don't you?" Anita asked.

"It's my purpose in life, darling," he sneered.

"Well, darling, find a new purpose," she sneered back.

"Is it terrible to miss that?"

"Yes," Elliot whispered. "It's incredibly terrible to miss."

"We have a plan." Druella interrupted.

"You?" Draco asked. "All of you? Together?"

"Yes, Draco," said Lucius. "Why must you act surprised?"

"None of you have agreed on anything since I've arrived. I can't imagine when the last time that happened was." Jenna muttered.

"Don't mutter," Druella warned. Her granddaughter rolled her eyes and muttered once more.

Elliot smirked, "I give, what's this master plan of yours?"

"A masquerade,"