Chapter Seven

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Monday, 10 February 2020

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."
~Albus Dumbledore

The rest of the evening went by rather awkwardly and much to Jenna's delight, quickly. It wasn't every day that Abraxas Malfoy almost had a duel with a fifteen-year-old...and lost. Something his family had started and will continue to tease him about until his last breath.

Narcissa had Nipsy, one of the few house elves they had left, show Jenna and Elliot to their rooms. It warmed Jenna's heart a tiny bit to see how much the Manor had changed since she had last been in it. That dark tones were now covered with light blues, greys, and beige. The cold air replaced with warmth as every fireplace they passed was lit.

Narcissa Malfoy had truly outdone herself with Jenna's room as well. Thanking God that she had not been put in a room with an obnoxious color, Jenna felt relaxed in the room. The walls were a light grey with a blue tent to them. All of the furniture throughout the room was either white or brass. The bed was decorated with a light grey comforter with light blue throw pillows and a blanket. The drapes and the rug matched. It was truly beautiful and somehow matched Jenna's personality and style to a T.

She walked over to the tall French doors and pulled them open with ease. She was greeted by a small stone balcony that came with a beautiful view of Narcissa's garden. It had been charmed to stay in bloom and alive even throughout the harsh winter Britain seemed to be having. Jenna was also intrigued to find Black-eyed Susans growing in the garden below. She wasn't a fan of plants but her fourth-grade history teacher was. Black-eyed Susans were native to Jenna and Elliot's home state, Missouri.

"Interesting." Jenna thought. Why would Narcissa Malfoy even plant American native flowers in her garden, to begin with? Could they be found in Britain? Let alone, Wizarding Britain? Jenna let the hunch go when she heard a knock at the door. Deciding to leave the doors to the balcony open she went to open her bedroom's actual door. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw that it was just Elliot and stepped aside to let him in.

"Woah, your room is so much more...light looking." Elliot stated looking around the room. Jenna arched an eyebrow at her friend.

"Light looking?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"My room has a lot of black and silver. I guess they haven't remodeled that far into the house yet." Elliot explained.

"Or maybe there are too many awful memories on that part of the house." Jenna continued to look around. The dresser was white with diamond knobs. A hug bronze circular mirror hung above it. The bed was a white wood for-poster king size bed with light blue curtains tied to each post. It was a room fit for a modern day princess.

"It's so weird to be here. Don't ya think?" Jenna asked turning pack towards Elliot.

"I mean, yeah, but what were you expecting? I feel like not matter what family we were assigned to, it would have been awkward. Except, I don't think any one wouldn't trust just because were American." They both shared a laugh at the older Malfoy's words.

"It looks like they've changed and that they're trying to have a fresh start. But all of the things they've done in the past...will people really forgive them?" Jenna asked sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Jenna, I know you choose to see the good in people and that's one of the reasons why everyone loves you. But...this family, uh, I mean I don't really see anyone forgiving them any time soon. We do have to give it time though." Elliot said sitting down in one of the white chairs.

"I guess you're right." She shrugged. She leaned over and took off her shoes.

"Are you alright?" Elliot asked, noticing the change of mood.

"Elliot, it's just that time of year. I miss my parents. Molly and Arthur are great to me but it would be nice to know the real thing. You know?" Jenna asked. Her dark eyes met his light ones and he felt a pull at his heart.

"I know, Jenna." He said, reaching for her hand. They both chose to ignore the spark they felt and their hearts beating faster by the minute.

"Well, I'm going to bed. It's been a long day." Jenna pulled her hand from his and got off her bed to get ready. Elliot nodded his head and left the room. After many years he knew not to push the subject of parents far and to leave Jenna alone when she was upset.

With a wave of her hand, her clothes disappeared and her hair was piled messily on her head. She looked in the full-length mirror next to the closet. Her physical scarring from the war was lightning up, thank Merlin. Her mental scars however, not so much. She looked away, disgusted and with another wave of her hand, she was dressed for bed. She wore silk green shorts and silk green tank top. Pulling back the covers, Jenna crawled into bed and curled into a ball. Sleep came quickly but the nightmares didn't fade. Jenna loved life and everything to do with it. But as of right now, her world was complete darkness.
____________________________

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Thank you so much for following me along on this fantasy of mine. However, I would love feedback on what y'all would like to see in future chapters. More Jenna/Elliot? Draco/Jenna? Lucius/Narcissa? Etc.. let me know!(:

Also, SUPER important question!
- Romione? Or Dramione? Readers decide. (;