Chapter 100: The Storm of Snow and Ice

A deadly storm of dread brewed in the grey, ominous clouds of ceremonious cruelty. Kakara saw the world in monochrome images. She noticed V, in her violet clothing, giving her looks of viscosity as they travelled on her winter sailboat.

The approaching atmosphere was nothing short of electric. Kakara took in the humongous scale of the stadium in the distance.

Fighters City, the colossal snow stadium that spread across the Kain desert. The vast structure was built and designed to look like a stretching snow globe from the outside. It made Kakara's eyes widen at the sheer width, length and height of it.

It looked like transparent glass as the inside could be seen in a ring of flashy lights. The stadium was packed with a capacity of half a million people. The Cercians made the majority while the Eifri made the minority.

Stormy snowfalls covered the stadium field like waves in the sea. Snow resurfacers worked on cleaning and smoothing the sheets of snow to be as flat as possible.

Although it was midday, it looked like midnight. The clouds were darker than they had ever been. There was no sun, no light, no warmth, and no hope.

Only bleak horizons.

Glacee Falls was nearby, providing for a jaw dropping view of water falling and freezing at the same time. The bottom could not be seen, as though they were in clouds of smoke and ash, obscured by thick mists that signalled the demise of any poor soul that fell down the set of high waterfalls.

The ground was already rumbling, it was like the Ancient giants had returned to stampede and trample all over the world.

A wraith wolf was prowling around the stadium. It stopped for a moment to snarl at Kakara like a ghost that made no noise before carrying on when it saw V. The winter sailboat finally came to a stop at one of the many entry points of the snow globe stadium.

"This is where I leave you." V looked at Kakara morbidly, then, she took Kakara's hand and kissed it.

"You have my word, I'll fill your people in Petora about everything. My V for Vessel is ready to travel as soon as the fight ends. I also have traders that can relay my messages to Genesia and Neosa for you on the way."

Kakara nodded quietly. "Merci," she thanked V flatly without taking her eyes off the walk she had to embark on.

V looked like she wanted to say more, only to watch as Kakara got off the sailboat and walked towards her destination of doom with a void-like expression.

Koning Kaikara was already waiting inside, thus, Reine Kakara had a duty to thank him for waiting so long.

~~~~~~~

//////////////

~~~~~~~

//////////////

~~~~~~~

Five hundred thousand people roared, shouted and screamed war cries in their wooden seats to the skies of heaven and the grounds of hell. Like infectious waves the energy pulsed. The immersive glass walls surrounding the pitch made it feel like Kakara was trapped, just as the wolf tattoo on her back was stuck inside its sphere.

Kakara walked silently, taking a moment to look at the stairs and stands of the stadium.

"All hail the Queen!" The Cercians roared like bloodthirsty savages.

The Eifri did no such thing. They stared at Kakara coldly. She didn't give them any attention. She saw Imcke smiling slyly in the center seat of the stadium, not too low and not too high.