Chapter 42: Mad Scar

When December arrived, four months came and went like passing clouds, but those clouds always seemed to cloud everything in their strides with gloom and even more grim delays.

But first, what about the months that passed like clouds?

Essentially, Genesia's skilful care successfully managed to help Kakara from her monstrous fever to where she could eat normally and regain her lost strength through the rigorous training they did.

And by rigorous, it was more specifically designed for Kakara to use Genesia as a punching bag in which he would absorb all her punishment due to his superior healing speed to get her fighting prowess back up to shape.

He would also launch back at her in order to dish out his own defensive to offensive style to ensure she received substantial damage for her body to get used to again from its prior jelly softness.

Before, Genesia was always used to training with Neosa since they could walk. She was more of a brash, right up in your face aggressive and offensive fighter that barely gave you time to think or breathe, while he was the more passive and defensive fighter that would carefully ponder his options and directions on how to respond, fight and breathe.

It was always pure action against pure thought out action between them that knew the other like a perfect symmetrical mirror of yin and yang opposing forces that were equally matched and always synchronized in complementary clashes and conflict.

Kakara on the other hand was a different story. They were very similar in being the more cool, calm, collected, strictly focused, controlled and silent type warriors when they weren't compromised or out of control.

She possessed a certain kind of dominating factor of intimidation that was very hard to penetrate through, mentally and physically in dictating her glacier-like movements that always struck fear like a freezing storm with her shivering winter's chill.

Likewise, Kakara could never fully understand how to completely overwhelm Genesia's indestructible counter punching style that was like fighting against a rebounding burning wall of sickly hypothermia that killed and absorbed all known heat and warmth.

Aside from their training, things pretty much went back to how things were between them. As Genesia expected, Kakara made no mention of anything that may or may not have happened during her abnormal illness, and thus, neither did Genesia.

Which also meant that she did not recall anything she said to Genesia on that one morning in which she confessed her most sincere feelings. The morning she took Minaleese's promise and made it her own. The morning she reinstated her mother's promise to ensure that they all became one family again, no matter how long it took them.

One half of Genesia felt disheartened that she didn't remember her own words or the incredibly vulnerable and soft side she exposed to him that morning. Another half of him was rather glad, due to how extremely awkward and uncomfortable the follow up conversation would have been if Kakara remembered everything.

So, he kept the entire first month with her to himself, like a secret letter meant only for him and him alone. In a way, it made him feel special, having something Kakara didn't. Knowing things about her that she was unaware of when there were still many things he didn't know.

Things Neosa didn't.

--------

To simply say Genesia thought about his twin sister all the time would be equivalent to saying he was constantly breathing all the time involuntarily without thinking. Or at least, when he wasn't flooded by his own head and thoughts that he preoccupied with his Gene self and inner voice.