Chapter 15: Two For One Special

Trepidation and apprehension, infused with a genuine desire for battle radiated off the skins of the twins of war, Genesia and Neosa. Their eyes glistened to the point that there was a scintillating tint to them. A tantalising one, a tenacious one, leaving their bodies restless and their minds sleepless.

"I'm calling step two a Two for One special. Because I rate the end result will reflect the idea of killing two birds with one stone in two different facets. Plus the Petorians could use an interesting spectacle. Like a match of sports," Renero explained in his usual playful tone to the twins who were walking behind him through the forest towards their destination. They stealth stalked, as was customary from the primals.

Some time had already passed between Renero's announcement and the current time to where Minaleese and Kakara had already proceeded to venture out into the capital of Talstale and the nearby villages first.

Mainly so that Minaleese could inform the people of what Renero was planning to show and explain to them, but also because Kakara insisted on getting a head start on them.

Such was to play further into the ever present mind games between her and the twins, given that she was already technically at a disadvantage in terms of the numbers game, but such a mere exterior outlook paled in comparison to the stark differences in experience.

"But also..." Renero's playful voice immediately shifted to his more serious one with a saddened undertone.

"I just really want to prove that there is a way to use you kiddies for good. To show the humans that you aren't to be feared by them just because of your unstable powers. You're just babies after all."

"I myself may have reached a compromise with all them through my efforts and Minaleese always vouching for me, but there's still that lingering feeling of dread, of fear thatthat humans will always have towards us Racaans. Fortunately, most provinces like Petora aren't as extreme as fucking Metro. Then again that shithole is on it's own level."

The twins remained uneasy at the rationale for the upcoming event.

"But what's the point of us fighting Kakara? What is that going to do? Because what if—"

"When things get out of hand, we'll be there to step in," Renero cut Neosa off before she could begin her stride of bombarding questions.

"Actually, I'm counting on things getting messy. Not just for the both of you but Kakara as well. This test will give me an idea of how to go forward with the three of you and your supernatural and superhuman abilities. I'm sure you've sensed a ton of Kakara's icy Amandla neh?"

They both gulped, serving as the only confirmation he needed.

"See, while Amandla is present in all living things, we Racaans have always been more naturally gifted, more in tune with our aptitude and abilities with it. In fact, back in the Ancient times, our race taught humanity how to channel the power in the same way we do. Humans in this world aren't as in tune with their abilities at a base level, hence why primals can kill and turn them into primals in an endless cycle since they aren't immune like us."

"But, there are certain tribes, clans and ethnic groups of humans that are different, ones who are more inapt with their Amandla. Being able to hone in the power, cultivate it, and through tremendous training and discipline, be able to reach a level on par and even above Racaans and primals. On average, one Racaan is equivalent to five humans. In other words, five million Racaans, on a base level, would match twenty-five million humans."

Genesia and Neosa gasped. They looked at their hands like they were grasping at thin straws, trying to comprehend their power.

No wonder we were a vast minority. Genesia thought about their existence.